Are you ready for christmas?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BBW Betty

Made My Saving Throw
Not ready, but making progress. I work on the gift shopping year round--whenever I notice something that I think would be great for someone in my family. That way I also don't get hit with great big shopping bills all at once. Quite often I'm done by now, but not this year.

I do all my cut-out cookies on Thanksgiving Day--my family will get together on the following Sunday. So I have to make sure I have all my ingredients in the next few weeks. I'm getting there!!

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I guess I'm a little strange and a bit too organized...lol! I started my shopping over the summer and already have my 3 year old finished. :blush: Still working on everyone else though. Menus are planned and baking will get done starting November through December. Christmas decorating, including the tree will get put up the day after Thanksgiving. A "tradition" started when I was just a baby. I LOVE Christmas and can't seem to get enough of it! :D

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
I guess I'm a little strange and a bit too organized...lol! I started my shopping over the summer and already have my 3 year old finished. :blush: Still working on everyone else though. Menus are planned and baking will get done starting November through December. Christmas decorating, including the tree will get put up the day after Thanksgiving. A "tradition" started when I was just a baby. I LOVE Christmas and can't seem to get enough of it! :D
The only thing about shopping that early for a 3 year old is that by Christmas they want completely different stuff and don't even remember what they wanted more than 2 weeks ago! LOL

babyjeep21

Kamikaze Peanut Butter
I'm so amazed at the people who are organized when it comes to Christmas. I can't say that I'm an organized person for anything really... and Christmas has become one of those things that is so marketed and commercialized, I rarely enjoy it. Throw my difficult family on top of that and voila.... Just another family get together, without the meaning it is supposed to have.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
The only thing about shopping that early for a 3 year old is that by Christmas they want completely different stuff and don't even remember what they wanted more than 2 weeks ago! LOL
Actually not so when it comes to my son...lol! He KNOWS what he wants and he doesn't forget! He has an excellent memory and plus he's into cars, trucks and trains...soooooooo I don't think I can go wrong!
:p

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

I haven't purchased anything, but I have bookmarked pages that have things that I want to get people. So I am thinking about it, I just haven't acted on it yet. Halloween isn't even here yet...so I don't think I am procrastinating or anything. If it comes to Christmas eve and I am still thinking about it....then I am procrastinating. :)

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year. It will be my 3rd one in the UK and I am getting used to the different traditions and being with Mike's family instead of my own, but it will be good:) Paper crowns and crackers all the way:)

BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Actually not so when it comes to my son...lol! He KNOWS what he wants and he doesn't forget! He has an excellent memory and plus he's into cars, trucks and trains...soooooooo I don't think I can go wrong!
Same thing with my step son. He knows exactly what he wants (lol, everything!) but he always remembers the names of the toys that he wants and constantly wants to makes lists for his birthday (coming up soon) and Christmas, lol. He is a brilliant boy:)

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Same thing with my step son. He knows exactly what he wants (lol, everything!) but he always remembers the names of the toys that he wants and constantly wants to makes lists for his birthday (coming up soon) and Christmas, lol. He is a brilliant boy:)
Ohhh hooray for that! LOL Then that does make it easier.

The only bad thing about when I shop early is I'm always so anxious to give the gifts that I tend to give them early and have to shop again for another gift lol

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
Am I ready for Christmas?

No, not really, after many years of retail work, more horrifying Black Fridays than I wish to remember and various family "issues", my enthusiasm for the holiday season has been gone, dead and buried for many years now.

Today, I spend the holidays ignoring them as much as possible, which isn't easy with having them rammed down my throat everywhere I go.

I like Halloween just fine (although it rapidly seems to be turning into a second Christmas for some reason) but I spend every November 1 to every January 1 fighting off the urge to take razor blades to my wrists...don't worry, I haven't done it, yet (besides, that would really hurt...but I still think about it), but the holiday depression is rough every year and it certainly doesn't help make things better to see the Christmas crap already clogging the stores in late August/early September like they do around here.

I'm currently single, with no kids, or someone special in my life. I've never been religious. I don't see my nieces and nephews very often and they're all growing into teens and young adults. I just find the entire holiday season, crass, obnoxious, over-commercialized, utterly joyless and a hellish chore to get through.

To those of you who like the holidays? That's wonderful, please continue doing so. Me? I expect to declare to my family soon that I no longer observe holidays from November 1 - January 1. It's impossible to be good company when you're depressed anyway.

Right now I'm doing okay and hope to make it through another year.

Dennis

Leesa

Christmas is my favorite time of year! I am ready for the sites, sounds and smells of Christmas. I can not wait to see all of the beautiful lights and trees displayed in my neighborhood. Ohhh the JOY when we get our first dusting of Christmas snow, it wraps us in love. Christmas carols sung by a choir can not be beat, Joy to the World the Lord has come! Ahhhh! the smell of the Christmas trees, cookies baking, candles and a turkey in the oven, I CAN NOT wait!
This year I will read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to my nephew! I will pass this joy of Christmas on to him as my Mom did to me. :)

Latest posts