Attn: Facebookers!

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Dromond, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Jul 13, 2019 #21

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

The ads are what get me!!! If I get 1 more AARP ad I’m gonna tell them to get off my yard.

2. Jul 13, 2019 #22

Volt01

Volt01

Volt01

VOLKSWAGEN DRIVING SHORTSTACK LOVING BADASS

i rarely use facebook these days (i use my sony walkman all the time) but i don't really care about the changes unless it has stupid dumb f#cks known as content bots

3. Jul 14, 2019 #23

Railroad Man

Railroad Man

Railroad Man

Facebook confuses the hell out of me. I'm as well versed in computers as any layman. I can learn to use any software if I have the proper instructions and documentation. There's very little of that about
    Facebook. I bought a dummies book about Facebook and by the time I opened it, it was out of date. So I bought an ebook, and THAT was out of date. Facebook throws curve balls at you all the time. A feature you've been using forever disappears overnight and shows up somewhere else on the site, without any notification, of course.

Facebook assumes there's no need for instructions or documentation because these kids come out of the womb and immediately start posting. That leaves old fuddy-duddies like me left in the dust.

The only thing that keeps me from going absolutely insane is tabbed browsing. If I want to read something, I'll open it in a new browser tab. Otherwise, if I try to navigate back to it, it's gone, and gone forever.

I live in a Stone Age world where I use a laptop computer with an external keyboard and external mouse. The trackpad takes forever, and the keys on the laptop are designed for fingers of a 5-year-old. Forget tablets and phones. I use a "dumb phone" that's well, a telephone. I add minutes as I need them. I don't want a smartphone because my philosophy is "Read my lips. No new monthly bills."

I primarily use Facebook to read Groups on topics that interest me, such as the Smoky Mountains, railroads and vintage photos of my home town of Washington DC.

What's even better yet is simply reading the newspaper.