• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Big-boned, or Big-fatted?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fa_foo

I assume many if not everyone reading this post has heard the phrase, "big-boned" to describe a person with extra weight, with an accuracy bordering on random. Some people described actually do seem to have big bones while some just carry a lot of fat.

A brief story that got me thinking about this: my partner and I were riding on the train the other day, and noticed a young woman as she was getting off the train who was much too thin by anyone's standards (maybe 80 pounds and likely anorexic or bulimic). We noticed that her hips were really narrow, and my partner said she was small-boned, followed by another observation that she was also small-muscled, and then I said she was small-fatted as well.

Which got me thinking about the phrase "big-fatted" meaning having a lot of fat, trying for truth in advertising rather than being euphemistic.

So my question to the readers is: would you describe yourself as big, medium, or small-boned? Big, medium, or small-muscled? And big, medium, or small-fatted?

Regarding the bones, I would think of big as like having thick bones of concrete or small as lightweight bones more like a birds. Regarding muscle, big would mean you actually are quite strong and can carry yourself easily where small-muscled means you don't exercise them as much or just naturally don't have that muscular body. And regarding the fat, I suppose it would be most similar to body-fat percentage: big-fatted means you've got a lot of wiggle and jiggle, while small-fatted would be mostly lean.

And then my follow-up question is how do you feel with your body's bone/muscle/fat make-up? Do you wish it were different, or are you happy with it?

Thanks,
foo

Latest posts

Back