Big College Decision!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

xxeell

Well I have decided to go back to college, but I don't know which one. ENMU or UNM. ENMU is closer to home and UNM is a bigger school. I have no idea which one to go to so.... ya'll know any FFA at either college haha???

Carl1h

figure O
You're always more likely to find an FFA in a larger city.

As far as the big university versus small university thing goes, if you like to be able to study a wide range of topics then you want UNM. If you want the more personal touch from a small university and are studying things that ENMU teaches, then go there.

If you grew up in small town New Mexico (I'm a New Mexico native myself) then you should give serious thought to UNM as a way to experience life in bigger city and expose yourself to new things.

MasterShake

My Fist, Your Face!
Apply to both.

Good luck whatever you decide. I myself am hoping to get into notre Dame or Oregon this year for grad school.

mulimel

Apply to both.

Good luck whatever you decide. I myself am hoping to get into notre Dame or Oregon this year for grad school.

I'm an ND sophomore double majoring in Chinese and Anthropology. I love ND! I've met a few grad students as well who also really love it. I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide!

MasterShake

My Fist, Your Face!
I'm an ND sophomore double majoring in Chinese and Anthropology. I love ND! I've met a few grad students as well who also really love it. I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide!

Notre Dame is a top school for what I want to focus on (European Modernism in literature), although I do love the idea of getting out of the midwest and back into the Pacific Northwest.

But, first need to get into either school! Sounds like an awesome double-major you got going there. :)

Buffetbelly

Nosh, destroyer of snacks
I disagree that big city campuses will have more FFA's! You want the state schools with a big agriculture programs! Those farm girls love to raise hogs!

Check out this blog on raising hogs for FFA's:

http://roostershamblin.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/selecting-swine-for-4-h-and-ffa/

Favorite quote:

"Healthy pigs gain from 1.5 to almost 2 lbs. a day if fed properly. Multiply the number of days to the fair by 1.6 to find out how many pounds the pig can gain by fair time. Give your pigs a good quality pig ration...."

xxeell

Haha! I've known FFA (Fat admirers) who were dicusted by hogs haha.

Well I got accepted to both right now I just have to decide which one. I still can't decide and if push comes to shove I'm just gonna have to flip a coin.

MasterShake

My Fist, Your Face!
What are you majoring in, and does one support it better?

I went to a small school for my undergrad, and when I did my masters at Iowa State, seeing the undergrad options there made me wish I had gone to a bigger school for my undergrad.

Just a thought.

mulimel

If you really can't decide consider the one that gives you the most scholarship money before flipping a coin.

vinarian

Crazy Person
Post graduation help is also something to look at, many colleges offer career placement advice that can be worth alot!

Latest posts