Biggest. Turn-Off. Ever

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SlightlyMorbid

Darth Cuddles
I dunno, I saw this thread of what you guys look for on a girl/woman and I was wondering that aside from what you are looking for, what would be a complete turn off for you?

Doesn't have to be physical, but it could also be a habit, personality trait or something else.

What turns me off in a guy?
Poor hygiene (My man is picky with his hygiene thankfully and in the hotter days he loves it when I wash him)

Lying (Just why would you lie to me?)

Cowardice. Dunno if it's the right word. Thing is, I can handle myself just fine, but I dunno, it'd be nice for once if I can thank a man with a kiss and 'My Hero'.

Body hair: I don't mind a bit of body hair because you're a guy after all. Hair on the arms or a bit on the chest is not too bad. It's kinda adds to the manly and rough look. But, endearing as Chewbacca is, I really don't like a man that's too hairy.

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
i get frustrated when i get my motives questioned for every little thing i do, it's like the poor chicken who can't cross the street without his motives being questioned. i'm all for chicken rights lol

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Cowardice, thoughtlessness and dishonesty.

Everything else I dislike is most people's 'usuals' but I'm really easygoing about a lot of stuff. Oh...brush your teeth...PLEASE! Ugh.

Broadside

If I'm in a committted relationship, infidelity will abruptly and mercilessly end things for me.

Other than that, self absorbtion, jumping to conclusions about one's character without looking at the big picture, entitlement, closed mindedness, poor hygiene, going out of one's way to speak as if they were a moron, expecting something from me because you think you're just so hot, acting slutty in the front room and going cold in the bedroom, chain smokers breath (smoking is fine, but if you smell like a chain smoking stripper with bad perfume, then that's what I assume you want to be treated as), chewing tabacco...stop it now, uptightedness, and probably a bunch of other shit. :D

That said, there's a lot I'll put up with when there's a pair of bare breasteses in front of me. If I'm drunk, there are no turn off's that I won't ignore, except maybe wallet manipulation, I need that money for more booze baby! :D

sweetfrancaise

Major turn-offs? Blatant misogyny, arrogance, and condescension. If you talk to me like I'm inferior, I WILL F*ING OWN YOU. Oh, and ignorance bred from having a tiny closed mind. That too.

Otherwise, I'm pretty easy. :)

coriander

Fudge Nugget.
Biggest physical turn-off: poor hygiene. For real.
Biggest non-physical turn-off: bigotry.

RedheadinNJ

found Mr. Treats-me-Right
Biggest turn-off would have to be bad teeth. :D

In a relationship it would be lying, cheating or deception of any kind. From the is moves to smoking, gambling or drinking to excess. I won't tolerate a drunk...And I can't stand needy, dependent men. They need to have their own business to tend to.

LeoGibson

Happy
I started to go with a physical turn-off,but realized that while I have some things that are definite turn-ons,I'm hard pressed to find any physical flaw a deal breaker if I am into a woman on a mental level.

As far as non-physical turn-offs,it would be a martyr complex,being so small minded that you have to demonize anyone that shares a differing opinion(would it kill ya to give the other person the benefit of the doubt),a politically correct sense of humor(I find humor in ALL things,even those that are not necessarily what one would call tasteful,don't be so uptight it's just a joke),and those that take themselves way to seriously,there is a fine line between being deep and just being a D-bag.

ManBeef

The usuals... liars, cheaters, assholes.

Here are the Others though that aren't common

Promise breakers, non affectionate types, PRUDES!!!, hypocrites, one meal a day eaters, I took a shower yesterday types, really short hair with no style, big moles, bad shavers (yuh know... yuh know), emasculation, non-understanding people, those that leave conversations suddenly without notification, substance users (above the influence... though I don't mind the occasional drinker. I partake myself now && then. Just not alchies, oy vey), those that don't like a dark sense of humor, those that just won't go get a damn job, no high school diploma or G.E.D, people that cuss all the time without respect of who's around, litter bugs, animal abusers, the word no (I am a fuckin pineapple princess!!! treat me as such!!!), girls that constantly point out who they think is hot or would wanna fuck... No shit you have fantasies but I don't blab about my secret wish list so shush, girls that talk about their exs ALL THE TIME OR PAST SEXUAL PARTNERS!!! (Hunny idgaf how he liked it or who said you were the bomb at slobbin knob keep it hush hush), child abusers, conceited/shallow/superficial people that swear they are the whip... Ima stop here before I exclude 7/8s of the worlds population LOL... JK!!!

Ola

Keeper of 'tinis
I hate to use the word "conformist", but can't think of a better one right now. Basically, vanilla people that are too afraid to let loose and be themselves will make me lose interest right away.

Oh and other people mention lying, being an asshole, etc, but to me those things are not turn-offs so much as indicators for me to avoid a person like the plague. Being bland is, at the end of the day, not morally wrong or objectionable, and doesn't mean I won't tolerate the person at least as an acquaintance.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
unkempt pubic hair... i'm not saying it has to be completely removed but if i have to comb a part to reach narnia, then i'm not going to be all that enthusiastic about it.

ridiculously wild kissers. kissing is not a competition. you cant win by wrestling my tongue out of my mouth and swallowing it. nor can you win but shoving yours so far down my throat that i gag. not hot, not at all. oh, and just shoving your tongue in mouth and spinning it like a blender is NOT kissing. and don't lick my face! wtf, we're not cats!

Jess87

Man-Bat Groupie
Human emotions. I cannot wait until they start production on Gigolo Joe. Solo mustaches, obviously this excludes villain 'staches, because those are just hot. A lack of respect for Namor.

MrBob

Girls with trust issues who like to check my phone to see who I've been texting/calling. It's particularly annoying as I've never cheated. Why can't some women accept that not all men are complete arseholes? Also women who get too bossy, ask me to do something and I'll do it, order me and I'll become stubborn as a mule.

I do have issues with hairy legs. Maybe it's mental conditioning, but smooth legs just feel right on a girl. The only one in the relationship who should have hairy legs is me.

SlightlyMorbid

Darth Cuddles
I absolutely hate that too. The man who looks down on you in everyway possible and treats you like a piece of flesh or trophy.

And indeed, people who have no sense of humour. Don't get so damn offended over the slightest 'wrong' or 'sick' joke.

JulieD

I don't like to be taken advantage of, in real life im a over the top nice kind of person, and i have no problem doing things for others, sharing my things, and just going out of my way to help you out...but i hate it when its expected and there is no gratitude. So i guess you can say ungrateful people too, you ask me to do you a favor and then you dont appreciate it? wth!

i know that i could try and not be as giving, but i like being that kind of person and dont feel as if i should have to change my ways because some douche lord thinks he can walk all over me. SCREW YOU DOUCHE LORD!!! thats when i flip the script and am not so nice anymore... just because im a nice person, doesnt mean i cant be a bitch too... :batting:

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
Long toenails. Or long, yellow fingernails. Oh god, my legs just clamp shut.

However, long nails on the right hand for guitar playing is great. As long as they're clean and kept, all will be well.

And for personalities, that king of sleazy, 'I got game and you will come home with me', hell-O ladeez, too much cologne... Ugh hello, I would like a man, not an eel.