Birth Control

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barbsjw

For the ladies here, what's your method of birth control? Even though my periods haven't started back up, I went to Dr. Donovan today to have my diaphragm adjusted.

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I have an IUD now, but that was more to stop my uterus from trying to kill me than anything else. It tamed my fibroids (thank fuck), and I haven’t had a period since they put it in. I should’ve done it years ago.

I tried going back on the birth control I used before pregnancy, but found that my body really hates it. I’d used the pill (triphasic style) and the nuvaring before with no real side effects. But when I tried them both three years after having my daughter? They sent my spiralling into a very dark period of intense depression and anxiety. As soon as I realised what the pill was doing to me I stopped taking it and switched to the nuvaring. I thought the lower dose of hormones would help, but nope. They did not mix well any more. I didn’t know pregnancy would have such lasting hormonal effects.

Barbsjw

Dr. Donovan told me at my 6 week appointment that pregnancy would permanently alter my uterus's shape and alignment. I'm breastfeeding, so I haven't gotten a postpartum period, BUT I'm 60 lbs heavier than I was pre-pregnancy, hence the adjustment.

Latest posts