Blurred lines? Ffa and feeder

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I had very mixed feelings about Pooh. To be so blissfully gluttonous sounded fantastic, but being so very dull sounded rather horrible. It probably biased me against fat to some degree for quite some time.

I wonder if young FFA ever had such concerns about the bear of little brain?

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Quoting oneself is the most vain and stupid thing one can do - nevertheless I am doing as much.

Simply because I've already written exactly this discussion from an FFAs perspective in 'Available in All Sizes' between Philip & Antonia:

“Absolutely…” Philip whispered hoarsely, letting something drop he had clenched in his fist.

“What’s that ….oh sorry, Heather’s boys, Henri and Pierre arranged the Christmas cookies we baked last weekend on these Winnie-the-Pooh napkins… I didn’t have time to clear everything away …”

“I hate Winnie-the-Pooh…..”

“Pardon? How can anybody hate Winnie-the-Pooh?” Antonia sat up in dismay.

“He’s fat, greedy and …. stupid, really stupid…,”

“What? Winnie-the-Pooh isn’t stupid – he’s just a bear with very little brains! But he has a lot emotional intelligence since he sees and knows his own faults, even though he isn’t able to follow his own insights time and again … Come to think of it, Winnie-the-Pooh with academic smarts would be literally un-bear-ably perfect!” Antonia was intrigued by the idea. “Imagine – he’s cute, cuddly, loving, and loyal, a good friend, compassionate, curios … a high IQ would be almost too much. What’s your issue with poor Winnie-the-Pooh?” she nuzzled his cheek.

“… my nanny was told to read me only the one chapter where Pooh gets stuck in Rabbit’s hole because he ate too much and was too fat to get back out…” Philip muttered under his breath, stiffening in Antonia’s arms; who was appalled.

“But that’s awful, how cruel!” the words slipped before she could hold them back. “I always hated that chapter, too. When I was older, could read the book myself, that’s the one I skipped. I was especially mad at Rabbit and his stupid relations!”

“You were mad at Rabbit’s relations?”

“Yes … those stupid rabbits, digging holes all over the place … couldn’t they have dug Rabbit’s front hole a bit bigger to help Pooh out and then fill it up again? That would have spared poor Pooh a diet and the humiliation of having his sexy hind paws being used as a towel rack!”

Philip laughed out loud and with a surprising move flipped Antonia down into his lap raising his eyebrows in mock questioning: “So … you’ve always had the impetus to try to rescue poor teddy bears in distress?”

“Ummm … I guess I have…”

This was my attempt at capturing how I think many FFAs see Winnie-the-Pooh as part of their formative experiences.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Oddly enough Pooh didn't trigger my FFA at all. Templeton the rat did, though.

Pooh was so asexual to me I don't even think I thought of him as a him until I was grown!

But i think that its possibly to be feedery and fetishy in your mind and never act on it. Templeton could be 'hot', a fictional BHM could be hot doing it, but to be honest a lot of those behaviours would be intolerable in my day to day life. And the idea of hurting, in any way, someone i love is more painful than any temp satisfaction.

But i still can get my mental kicks and giggles.

ouroboros

Pooh was so asexual to me I don't even think I thought of him as a him until I was grown!

But i think that its possibly to be feedery and fetishy in your mind and never act on it. Templeton could be 'hot', a fictional BHM could be hot doing it, but to be honest a lot of those behaviours would be intolerable in my day to day life. And the idea of hurting, in any way, someone i love is more painful than any temp satisfaction.

I'm in exactly the same boat in regards to Pooh and Templeton. I totally forgot about Templeton.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod

Templeton fascinated me too. But 'Charlotte's Web' is one of my absolute favorite childhood books anyway. I also liked that Wilbur as protagonist wasn't intended as a slimness advertisement.

I feel similiarly about the practical side too - there is a big difference to fictional fantasy, because that has no real life consequences.

As much as I like cooking & baking, there has always been a mental barrier to using those skills actively for potentially harmful feeder fantasies. Two close friends/family have serious issues with compulsive overeating - and I can see their struggle.
So for birthdays, reunions etc. I will make a big dinner - but always let variety, quality and basic health considerations overrule any quantity or stuffing aspects.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei

bayone

“What? Winnie-the-Pooh isn’t stupid – he’s just a bear with very little brains! But he has a lot emotional intelligence...
I don't think he's particularly lacking in inventive smarts either. Wasn't he the one who when they were trapped in Owl's collapsed house suggested they rig a pulley system to get Piglet up to the window so he could go for help?

Pooh's just too modest for his own good.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I like Pooh, but his nature did not seem like something to aspire to, at least to my young self. I've come to greater appreciation of accepting things as they are and finding happiness in small things, but I still don't consider it a goal that in and of itself I would want to pursue.

Hang out with him sometimes? Sure. Accept that to be happy with being fat meant being like him? No, I wasn't going to accept that.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Such Pooh bashing! Shame on you all!

Hoff presents Winnie-the-Pooh and related others from A. A. Milne's stories as characters that interact with him while he writes The Tao of Pooh, but also quotes excerpts of their tales from Milne's actual books Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner, in order to exemplify his points. Hoff uses many of Milne's characters to symbolize ideas that differ from or accentuate Taoist tenets. Winnie-the-Pooh himself, for example, personifies the principles of wei wu wei, the Taoist concept of "effortless doing," and pu, the concept of being open to but unburdened by experience. In contrast, characters like Owl and Rabbit over-complicate problems, often over-thinking to the point of confusion, and Eeyore pessimistically complains and frets about existence, unable to just be.[2] Hoff regards Pooh's simpleminded nature, unsophisticated worldview and instinctive problem-solving methods as conveniently representative of the Taoist philosophical foundation. The book also incorporates translated excerpts from various prominent Taoist texts, from authors such as Laozi and Zhuangzi.

Latest posts