• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Body Image Standards

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie5656

This was brought up on Facebook by a friend. The whole body image thing, and the high expectations which are put on what is "beauty"...and the norm being that "beauty" is found in the rail thin models.
Now, obviously here on this forum, that is not an issue..or is it? Maybe in an opposite manner. You know.."maybe I will meet the person of my dreams, but they will not find me pretty because I am too fat..or not fat enough".
So, along with the issues of us not fitting the "norm" of the covergirl, or Victoria Secret model. Are there other body image issues out there that we are bigger people deal with?
When I was still single, I did write and answer personals...usually on FA sites. I was actually told both things..one person said I was too fat, another not fat enough. To the women out there..how does your self esteem handle this?
I know the male FAs have a right to their own preferences...but is there a way to let someone down gently?
What about Dove's real beauty campaign? Is it a step in the right direction? I like it, but wish they had some larger women shown.

DOVE.jpg

Latest posts

Back