• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Both Louise and her future look good. Thanks to More2me

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

Today Louise Wolfe had her hip replacement surgery. There were no problems with the surgery and her time in the recovery room was within normal parameters. She was taken back to her room, ate some lunch, and then started taking a nap.

She explained to me that she prefers to moan alone and therefore I should go home and come back tomorrow.

I was very, very, worried about surgery and I am glad that we have gotten through it. There is a reasonable hope that her mobility will be significantly to vastly improved.

I just found this posted by Moore2me. Wish I'd found it a week or two ago. I thank her very much for finding and posting it.
Source
London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5A5. [email protected]

Abstract
We evaluated the outcome of primary total hip replacement (THR) in 3290 patients with the primary diagnosis of osteoarthritis at a minimum follow-up of two years. They were stratified into categories of body mass index (BMI) based on the World Health Organisation classification of obesity. Statistical analysis was carried out to determine if there was a difference in the post-operative Western Ontario and McMaster Universities osteoarthritis index, the Harris hip score and the Short-Form-12 outcome based on the BMI. While the pre- and post-operative scores were lower for the group classified as morbidly obese, the overall change in outcome scores suggested an equal if not greater improvement compared with the non-morbidly obese patients. The overall survivorship and rate of complications were similar in the BMI groups although there was a slightly higher rate of revision for sepsis in the morbidly obese group. Morbid obesity does not affect the post-operative outcome after THR, with the possible exception of a marginally increased rate of infection. Therefore withholding surgery based on the BMI is not justified.

(Link provided by Moore2me)

Latest posts

Back