• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

can somebody help me figure out where fat starts and skinny ends?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olwen

Disco Bear
I've searched thru threads to find opinions about this particular issue, because I'm sure this has certainly been a topic before, but since I couldn't find any, I thought I'd start a new thread.

Here's the thing. We live in a world where Kate Hudson, Kate Winslet, Kristina Ricci, and younger Lindsey Lohan are considered fat. WTF? Compared to me those women are tiny. I weigh 324lbs and wear a size 24 (at my biggest I was busting out of a size 32) and have always been fat, someone who weighs 170lbs or even 200lbs, just doesn't seem fat to me. When I did weigh 200lbs (when I was twelve) I didn't think I was fat either. I thought I was just fine the way I was. To me that would seem to be what the medical community should consider a "normal" size, and I know there are people who are that size and think they are huge and aren't happy about that....

I'll see a person and think she/he doesn't look fat, but then I'll have three other people tell me that person is definitely fat. I've actually had one of my other fat friends (she's roughly the same size as me) tell me "You think everyone's skinny." I was just stunned by that comment....

Then too, I've had skinny people tell me they are offended by the word "skinny" whether they think they are or not....That just confuses me too. So I've come to realize that how fat a person is seems to be subjective. But why?

So I'm left to wonder, just when does fat begin? Help me out here, I'm so confused.

Back