• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Cotton Bowl report

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
I went to Dallas from Austin to watch the Cotton Bowl Monday.

I've been waiting to see Alabama play live for 15 years (I watch on TV every week, but haven't seen them play live since 1991 when I graduated).

I put the ticket in the car the night before I left for Dallas (I'm really anal about stuff like tickets). Got up in the morning, loaded the car, checked to make sure the ticket was still there. Got to Dallas about 2. Checked into my Priceline hotel ($55 + tax). Went to eat lunch. Came back and was going to take my belongings up to my room and relax. Went to get my ticket - it was gone.

Spent the next 5 hours looking for the ticket. Called my best friend and had her go check my house (she has the key) twice for the ticket, in case I had actually left it there. She said she had found it, but after I got 40 miles down the road I called her and found out it was actually the receipt. So I headed back to Dallas. I took a wrong turn in the dark and ended up lost in downtown Dallas. Called my friend, who spent 30+ minutes talking me back to the hotel, then informed me he had been really worried about me because I was in a very bad area in downtown Dallas and people are regularly carjacked and shot and all sorts of things there. Finally made it back to the hotel, went to sleep, got up at 6:20 am and started looking for the ticket again. Still no joy (I really think it was stolen at this point).

Got the bellman to take me the DART station, rode the DART downtown and hopped on a shuttle to the Cotton Bowl. Bought another ticket outside the stadium - $60 (I was very lucky).

I was afraid I would not fit through the turnstiles, but did barely. It was kinda funny as I was saying "I'm not gonna fit, I'm not gonna fit" and the ticket lady was like "yes you will." hee. No arms on the chairs, thank GOD.

So, about 3 tanks of gas - ~$60. Hotel room - $55 + taxes. Coke & food (including a $3.50 bottle of water at the game) ~$25. Tickets $157. Dart pass - $2.50. Cotton Bowl shuttle pass - $2.00. Game progam - $10.

Sitting near Sam Shade (CB 1991-92-93-94) and having him autograph my program - free.

Watching my Crimson Tide beat the Red Raiders 13-10 with a *beautiful* field goal in the last 5 seconds - priceless. Oh yes it was...

Latest posts

Back