• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Defending America

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyGirl74

So we don't continue to disrupt the Royal Wedding thread I'm moving this topic here...

This is what I posted on the other thread. If the other participants want to move their posts here too please feel free.

You know what? I'm sick as F*** (and may I get another infraction for using the word) of people dissing my country! Do we have a**holes here who spout off and talk sh*t...Yes. Is your country a**hole free? No because YOU are the one spouting off and talking sh*t. Get over it. You don't like America or American politics, fine. But please respect that this is MY country not yours. I don't talk sh*t about your home. And this IS my home you are constantly butchering. I have family members who have DIED, LOST LIMBS, THEIR SANITY, CHILDREN for this country. It is not perfect. Sometimes it is wrong...But it's mine. Stop sh*tting on it.

Firstly, I do not assume the internet is all American. I would imagine many might assume that they are talking to fellow Americans because we are mostly English speaking here. I wouldn't call that arrogance. I would call it an oversight...perhaps an ignorant one but not an arrogant one. Secondly, I'm rather sick of "the world" assuming we all think we are better than everyone else. It's called pride. Other people have pride in their countries but when an American expresses pride we are told we are being arrogant or think we are better. Maybe some Americans do think their country is better than others...why they hell shouldn't they? IT IS THEIR COUNTRY. The British showed pride in their royal family during the wedding. No one called them arrogant.

And how dare people say our views are narrow. Narrow? Are we not the one's that other countries call first when disaster strikes? Are we not the one's who send billions of dollars to aide those in need when we ourselves are in need? Are we not consistently among the first called to send our children to war?

We can't seem to win with the rest of "the world." If we go to war we have no business being there. If we stay out of war we don't care. If we send aide it is to the wrong people in the wrong way at the wrong time. If we don't we are heartless and selfish. If we take pride we are arrogant. If you think the constant criticism isn't hurtful then you are wrong. As a proud American I find it very hurtful...hurtful to those who have sacrificed themselves on foreign lands to protect those lands. Hurtful to the millions of people, groups, and organizations that give time, money, and effort only to be told their views are narrow. Frankly, I am sick of it. Sometimes I wish our views were a little more narrow. Let the world do without us for once.

The reason I have derailed this perfectly nice thread is not because I have beef with the Royals or England or anything of that nature. As I stated before, I enjoyed the wedding. It brought back pleasant childhood memories. My beef is that no matter what the topic someone (and it seems to be the same someone fairly consistently) feels the need to make a dig at my country. Other than the few snide comments about the Royals and the media hype I have not seen anyone bash any other country other than America. Its an obvious prejudice and I'm tired of it. I'm not asking that everyone wave the Star Spangled Banner and sing the praises of the good ol US of A but I do think that respect for those who do take pride in being American is not too much to ask.

I've said my piece and this is the last time I will post on this topic on this thread. I'm sorry I steered off course. I think this is a good and fun topic. My apologies to the OP. That being said...I do not apologize for speaking up. I'm sure you *general you not specific you* would too if someone kept kicking dirt on your home.

Here is a link to the other thread in case none of this makes sense...
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84632

Latest posts

Back