Deleting an account?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sweetie

Where is the Love?
I know under the old leadership there was no way of deleting an account. I'm wondering if the new owners are able to do so. I would like to delete mine.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm not being difficult, but why do we need a way to delete accounts? Couldn't you just stop any email notifications from the site and not log in here? Or are there other issues I'm not sure about?

CleverBomb

On Space Out
It's entirely possible, just in the course of ordinary forum chitchat, to leave behind enough clues for a motivated and intelligent stalker or employer to connect your posting history to your real-world identity if you're not careful.

For some people, this could present physical risk; for others, it could jeopardize their employment or personal life, or merely be embarrassing.

For most of us, it wouldn't really matter one way or the other.

Last edited:

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Short of actually deleting the account, you can delete any pictures of yourself that you attached to posts (doesn't work in locked threads, doesn't work for hosted images if you can't delete/block them at the hosting site), erase all identifying info from your profile, then go away quietly and hope nobody notices. Under current (or at least prior) policies, that's probably the best you can do.

Last edited:

Emma

I'm not being difficult, but why do we need a way to delete accounts? Couldn't you just stop any email notifications from the site and not log in here? Or are there other issues I'm not sure about?

The reason I want mine deleted is that I have a lot of stuff posted here, a lot done when I was a teenager, and I still get people contacting me often about things I posted years ago. I'd like to have my account deleted and just leave. :)

Emma

I sent the admin a message about this ages ago but he didn't bother to reply.

Latest posts