Quantcast

Dims Member Appreciation Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Joker

Leave it to @BigElectricKat to do the heretofore impossible: reach through the vagaries of words and layers of technology straight and directly into my soul. Sufficient words of gratitude for you—all you are, all you do here—fail me. Being your brother from another mother feels real, and like i’ve just been awarded the Dimensions Peace Prize or something.

Your words reached in and affected me so deeply, it‘s taken me until now to manage to respond.

My @ appreciation list could go on for several posts, and would definitely include everyone already on this page. Along the lines of “all jobs are essential jobs” (my personal belief), Appreciation for all who post here who bring value and positivity, no matter how frequent or seldom, no matter how many or few Likes received.

This time around i will call out two individuals i’ve not seen on this page (and i didn’t go back to read the older ones).

@stampy brings no-nonsense honesty with twists of wry humor. She manages to be a beacon of reality and a beacon of hope at the same time. I relate deeply to some of her struggles she’s so generously willing to share here, and benefit from reading her posts—serious, silly, flippant, or otherwise. For some reason i have fleeting, vague memories of her from Before Times, and i don’t know why.

@Joker : compassion, good will, serving humanity—so much depth, so many (yes, lower case) dimensions of which, thanks to his modesty, we only know hints, beneath a generous, tasty layer of humor that brings many of us laughs, often when we really need them. One of several here i bring into my mind when i’m struggling and/or need to step up my game being a better person. Being amongst the nerd crew here is another bonus.

Nearly overwhelmed with feelings of deep gratitude,
Well I thank you.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
@DragonFly - She’s very fun and knowledgeable. Always up for a good debate but always in a respectful manner. Cheeky, sassy, witty and wise beyond her years. Helped me a great deal when I first joined and continues to this day. Let’s not forget those eyes and that hair! *Swoon*

@Tad - Very active and extremely supportive. Always willing to listen and offers very good advice. I feel like he’s a very empathic individual that understands several points of view.

@Colonial Warrior - Very well rounded (no pun intended) person who displays a great breadth of knowledge and experience. A truly caring soul that always has a word of encouragement. Livin’ the dream in PR!

@littlefairywren - What an absolute ray of sunshine! Very sweet and caring. She always has a kind word for you and makes your heart smile.

@Green Eyed Fairy - Great sense of humor and very intelligent. Such a fun personality and wonderful taste in music! Has always been a friend and very supportive. A staunch pillar of the community.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
One more round:

@AmyJo1976 - Where do I start? AmyJo was probably one of the first Dims members to reach out and befriend me. Such a bright and upbeat personality. Has been a great ambassador for the site in my opinion. And you just can't ignore those eyes!😍

@Lindak665 - What an utterly warm and sweet person! She's truly a caring and compassionate woman who has a heart of gold. I like how she tells it like it is and doesn't compromise. A genuine angel!😇

@AuntHen - One of the few (very few) people that asks me for technical help on the site. She makes me feel smart and valued (even though I am neither). Definitely has a quick wit and a great smile!😄

And now, for a couple people who haven't been active in a while but I still want to give them a shout out:

@Unbasher - She was like an unpaid therapist for the better part of a year (maybe more). Just a wealth of wisdom and willing to share so much. She has this great ability to speak to your hurt and make it better. I miss mein freund.😢

@LizzieJones - Such a wonderfully intelligent, witty, and sassy soul. We would have some of the best exchanges; all in good fun. Very much a kindred spirit. She loved bacon! 🥓

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
One more round:

@AmyJo1976 - Where do I start? AmyJo was probably one of the first Dims members to reach out and befriend me. Such a bright and upbeat personality. Has been a great ambassador for the site in my opinion. And you just can't ignore those eyes!😍

@Lindak665 - What an utterly warm and sweet person! She's truly a caring and compassionate woman who has a heart of gold. I like how she tells it like it is and doesn't compromise. A genuine angel!😇

@AuntHen - One of the few (very few) people that asks me for technical help on the site. She makes me feel smart and valued (even though I am neither). Definitely has a quick wit and a great smile!😄

And now, for a couple people who haven't been active in a while but I still want to give them a shout out:

@Unbasher - She was like an unpaid therapist for the better part of a year (maybe more). Just a wealth of wisdom and willing to share so much. She has this great ability to speak to your hurt and make it better. I miss mein freund.😢

@LizzieJones - Such a wonderfully intelligent, witty, and sassy soul. We would have some of the best exchanges; all in good fun. Very much a kindred spirit. She loved bacon! 🥓
@BigElectricKat You just made my day! :)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I know I'm not a super active poster here, but I just wanted to give a shoutout to @Tad for his perspective and wisdom he displays on these forums. There's a lot of complicated issues discussed here, and I always look forward to seeing his response.
Aw, thank you :) Glad to know I'm not just putting people to sleep.

Also, great to see your name pop up, I hope the world is treating you well!

Latest posts