Dinner for One

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
Has anyone else got a food that their S/O's and family and friends don't have the same appreciation for? My list of food I miss because I refuse to eat 'em alone since moving here:

pizza with mushrooms

hot wings

spicy fried chicken

mushrooms in general :eat2:

Emma

I love mushrooms.

I eat most foods alone coz me and my mum don't like the same thing.

kerrypop

Supafly
Hmm.. My most missed food used to be mexican, but then I convinced my fiancee to go to mexican multiple times with me, and he slowly converted. :D

BigCutieSasha

Fatty McFat Fat
Hmm.. My most missed food used to be mexican, but then I convinced my fiancee to go to mexican multiple times with me, and he slowly converted. :D

I will have to adopt you as a sister. Mexican is by far my fave food. Jay knows this for a fact.

missaf

Damn woman, all those things are most welcome in my house :D

Has anyone else got a food that their S/O's and family and friends don't have the same appreciation for? My list of food I miss because I refuse to eat 'em alone since moving here:

pizza with mushrooms

hot wings

spicy fried chicken

mushrooms in general :eat2:

Sandie_Zitkus

In Rememberance
It took me 14 years to get Wayne to go to a Sushi bar with me!!!!!!!! Good luck TSL.

And we both love mushrooms:eat2:

MLadyJ

My hubby is a fairly adventurous eater but he draws the line at one of my favorites...take a can of hominy (not grits..the whole kernal kind) drain it and throw in a skillet with butter, a little chopped onion, salt and pepper...mmmmm. Oh well I guess we can't share everything.:rolleyes:

jamie

...tickled...
Saefood! The boy is allergic to seafood and the other two people I regularly dine with it hate it. I could eat scallops at least twice a week.

The Cantukee Diner - I can't pay anyone to go there with me. It is a little buffet with country foods on it and they make it the way my mom did (read: badly). The steak is fried in the skillet until it is gray, the vegetables are cooked to death, the cornbread is baked up in a pan with melted Crisco...I have to stop writing about it because it is making me so hungry. They have the best fried chicken and bread anywhere and the pie...good grief. They all have an excuse for not going now, one is a vegetarian, one doesn't eat red meat and the other is watching their fat intake and is an asthmatic (it is outside the Fayette County lines so people smoke at every table)! I say it is time to make new and less picky friends.

MisticalMisty

Saefood! The boy is allergic to seafood and the other two people I regularly dine with it hate it. I could eat scallops at least twice a week.

The Cantukee Diner - I can't pay anyone to go there with me. It is a little buffet with country foods on it and they make it the way my mom did (read: badly). The steak is fried in the skillet until it is gray, the vegetables are cooked to death, the cornbread is baked up in a pan with melted Crisco...I have to stop writing about it because it is making me so hungry. They have the best fried chicken and bread anywhere and the pie...good grief. They all have an excuse for not going now, one is a vegetarian, one doesn't eat red meat and the other is watching his fat intake! I say it is time to make new and less picky friends.

I wanna go! My mom still makes cornbread with melted bacon grease in the pan..LOL..and a little on top for good measure

JeanC

Fat chick with a gun
Spaghetti, hubby doesn't like it, so I don't have it as often as I used when I was single (at least twice a week). He isn't real big on red sauce either, the tomatos are a little rough on his tummy.

I have succeeded in getting him to the point where he no longer considers tabasco sauce and red chili flakes to be the work of the devil and he is eating slightly spicier food, so I no longer have to make a lot of my favorite dishes so bland anymore.

supersoup

Nice to meet you beanbag.
i adore some nice fresh cheese tortellini, sometimes sausage, in a garlic-y cheese-y alfredo sauce that i make, it's so damn good, but no one else likes it, they all hate the alfredo sauce, they like red sauce. so i don't eat it nearly as often as i'd like!

jamie

...tickled...
I forgot the biggie...Pot Roast!!

My mom and my adopted mom made this all the time, and I loved the tender meat and all the little vegetables on the side and my bf *hates* it with a passion. I can't really justify making a pot roast just for me, so I never have it. His mom always teases that she will make it for us when we come down, but alas, she never carries through with it. I want some soooooo bad. The homemade kind, what they say is "pot roast" at the restaurants never really is.

MisticalMisty

I forgot the biggie...Pot Roast!!

My mom and my adopted mom made this all the time, and I loved the tender meat and all the little vegetables on the side and my bf *hates* it with a passion. I can't really justify making a pot roast just for me, so I never have it. His mom always teases that she will make it for us when we come down, but alas, she never carries through with it. I want some soooooo bad. The homemade kind, what they say is "pot roast" at the restaurants never really is.

Jamie..get a small one and throw it in the crock pot. I live alone and justify buying a small one for me on special occasions :)

Just do it sister!

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
In the late spring and summer when all the new fruits and vegies are plentiful I could make entire meals out of them. The man doesn't think that it's a meal if there isn't meat, or at least pasta. At least he doesn't put ketchup on my meatloaf anymore.:doh:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Thai and Indian. I just can't get Mrs. Fuzzy to go with me to get a Curry. :(

missaf

Jaime, might I suggest this recipe from Alton Brown? It's a totally avant garde way of cooking a pot roast, and my son devours this when I make it. If you haven't seen this episode of his show "A chuck for Chuck" it's really entertaining and educational!