• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Divergence - by Matt L.- (~BHM/~BBW, Imagery, Romance, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L.

~BHM/~BBW, Imagery, Romance, ~SWG - Two former high schoool classmates kindle a relationship

Divergence
by Matt L.

PROLOGUE

Timothy Waltz had moved with his family to the elite Chicago suburb of Morton Grove during his senior year of high school.

Tim wasn’t bad looking though somewhat overweight and too some degree nerdy. His brown hair was short and neat, black glasses over his mildly handsome features that were sparsely coated with acne. Though quiet in temperament and adapting to an unfamiliar turf, Tim was as expected welcomed into the established clique reserved for the brainy-milquetoast champions of academics.

They mainly entertained themselves with video games, comic book conventions and science fiction movie marathons among other hobbies deemed stereotypically fitting such young men.

Females for the most part were out of the question. Many of the nerdy gals were smitten with the hunks who wouldn’t say excuse me as they hurried through their pack; likewise most of Tim’s friends daydreamed about being recognized by the eye candy they so avidly admired.

As it was with Tim.

Beth Anne Edelstein was a breathtakingly voluptuous beauty with wavy golden blond hair and alluring features. Likewise her hourglass figure appeared nothing less than flawless in anything she wore.

Tim first became acquainted with Beth Anne, who considered her given name ‘Elizabeth’ too ritzy, in home room and later on, was overwhelmed with joy when she just happened too be a member of his English literature class.

Beth Anne wasn’t like most of her materialistic friends who ignored anyone outside their privileged rank. Bubbly and energetic, Beth Anne’s social circle included just about anyone. Even the chubby gals who were generally thought of as social pariahs.

They’d often exchange hellos and acknowledgements of that type. Besides the fact of Tim’s abnormally shy demeanor, they floated in diverse social groups. Why try starting a conversation when one of her cool friends would eventually interrupt?

However, Tim routinely arrived at school early, anxious to see Beth Anne and hopeful in regards of abstaining from his shyness long enough to say something other than hello.

While Tim and his friends launched an anti-prom party, very few females in attendance, Tim vividly imagined Beth Anne’s beauty at the event and envious of that lucky jerk William Osborne, who just happened to be her steady.

Tim lost complete contact with Beth Anne after graduation; the summer before he was off to college slowly dragged by and he questioned if he’d ever see her again.

PART ONE: ONE YEAR LATER

The brown brick building located in Morton Groove’s old district had originally been a saloon but ever since renovations never seemed to cease. Cement steps, wide doorway and vintage wind chimes rendered the now cozy family style restaurant a nostalgic flavor.

And as it happened, Tim had finished his first semester of college and back home on break, ventured to the eatery with his pals, Marty Milner and Ryan McClory.

Coming directly from the movies and casually attired in nothing too exceptional, the friends loosely discussed the film they saw and made plans for the weekend.

The waitress was a mature woman, the stereotypical waitress one could imagine. Big blond hair, the inferior dye unable too conceals her brown roots, and her powder blue uniform snugly wrapped over her pudgy figure.

Nothing paramount occurred, the young men ordered and ate their meals while lost in their carefree banter; until they were about to leave and the next shift’s waitress strutted through the door.

Even then she went unnoticed, though the older waitress snapping, “You’re late!”, seized their attention. It was Beth Anne, just as Tim remembered her.

Her glistening blond mane bouncing over her shoulders, illustrating her beauteous features while her luscious hourglass figure adequately filling out the blah blue uniform.

The guys sat silently, drinking in her enticing appearance, feet upward until their eyes focused on her lovely face. Tim was especially mesmerized, releasing an awkward sigh that corresponded with his rubbery knees.

“I know I’m late!” Beth Anne retorted as she grabbed her check pad. “It couldn’t be helped.”

“Whatever”, the mature waitress grumbled back.

“Hey, isn’t that Beth from high school?” Marty softly suggested to his crew, “Man, she still looks totally babe-u-licious.”

“What ya expect”, Ryan interjected his opinion, “Graduation was only a year ago, how much could she change?”

Marty exerted a comical grin as he swerved toward Tim, “You had such a colossal crush on her. Why not walk over and say hello?”

Tim adjusted his eyewear, his voice cracking under pressure, “Yeah right, I doubt she remembers me.”

“Couldn’t hurt”, Ryan replied, “Look at it this way, if she doesn’t remember you, no big deal but if she does, imagine what it could lead too.”

Tim slithered downward in the booth, placing his hands over his chubby belly, he shared his pessimistic stance.

“It could lead to nothing. Girls like Beth Anne don’t go for guys like me. Anyway, she’s probably still with that bonehead Osborne. I hate that guy.”

However, Marty argued too the contrary, “Realistically speaking, nothing probably will happen. If she’s not involved with Osborne, then she’s probably with another preppy sort of guy. Chicks like Beth aren’t on the market very long. But, what do you really have to lose? I mean, even if you became friends, she’ll have a number of friends she could introduce us….you to.”

Ryan grabbed the check, “Friends who don’t exactly cater too guys like us, though_.”

Tim clumsily brought himself upward, “Though what?”

“I have to agree with Marty”, Ryan commented thoughtfully, “You have nothing to lose by saying hello.”

Tim nervously wobbled in his seat, “I don’t know? Maybe next time we’re in here.”

Marty good naturedly chuckled, “Man, you’re too inhibited for your own good. At the rate you’re going, you’ll be a senior citizen by the time you get the courage to ask her out.”

Tim uncomfortably wheezed, “Alright. You guys gonna hang around while I do it?”

Marty climbed out of the booth, “You’re on your own, big guy. We’ll be waiting outside.”

Tim’s friends paid the bill and deserted him, waiting outside as planned.

The young man’s posture deflated as he longingly gazed over Beth Anne, struggling with his self-doubts though uncompromisingly smitten with her.
He finally removed himself from the booth and wiped away the wrinkles in his plaid button down shirt before strolling over to her.

Beth Anne was behind the service counter, preparing fountain drinks, and even Tim couldn’t deny how the mundane uniform emphasized her shapely hindquarters.

Tim softly chuckled. Realizing that the waitress gig and dull looking uniform made Beth Anne appear normal, well normal compared too the usual type of high maintenance chicks. Tim found his nerve and advanced to the opposing side of the counter, although apprehensively wheezing first.

Beth Ann gaily paraded from behind the counter, holding a tray of soft drinks, she glimpsed over Tim and chirped with a wide smile, “Be right with’cha!”

Tim leaned on the counter as he watched Beth Anne deliver the soft drinks to her customers and then marched back to him.

“What can I do you for?” Beth Anne asked in absolute perkiness.

Tim was caught off guard when Beth Anne paused in her tracks and cautiously studied his appearance.

Recognition was dismal on her part but she did remember going to high school with him.

“What a minute?” Beth Anne grinned, “Didn’t you go too Vanderbilt?”

“Tom, isn’t it?” Beth Anne questioned in a bubbly tone.

“No um, Tim. Tim Waltz, we..were in some classes tou….together like English lit and um…”

“I thought you looked familiar”, Beth Anne giggled.

Tim awkwardly stood his ground, thoroughly captivated with Beth Anne’s incredible beauty.

Beth Anne pushed back her dazzling mane while holding the empty tray against her hip, “Do you know what you‘d like to order or would you like a menu?”

“I already ate_”, his voice cracked but he continued, “I was with my friends, sitting over there, I guess you didn‘t see us, I just wanted to say hello.”

“That’s cool!” Beth Anne chimed, though in actuality it felt completely indifferent.

Tim nervously grinned, “Well um, it was nice seeing you and everything.”

Beth Anne crinkled her nose as she squinted, “It’s always nice seeing a Vanderbilt alumni.”

Gliding the tray over her tummy, Beth Anne continued, “ I usually work the late shift and the place gets kinda of empty, so feel free to stop by anytime and we can chat.”

Tim cleared his throat but yet squeaked, “Really?”

“Orders up!” came a sharp call from the back.

Beth Anne resumed her duties, telling Tim while energetically moving toward the window’s threshold aligned with the kitchen, “That’s your decision, I volunteered the invite!”

Tim momentarily and quietly observed Beth Anne at work before ambling out of the restaurant.

While the young men walked to Marty’s car, Tim ran through the details and was adequately congratulated.

“See”, Ryan told Tim as he humorously punched his upper arm, “You said hello and everything was cool. When do you plan on stopping by?”

Tim elevated his eyebrows, “That’s a good question.”

And true to character, Tim overanalyzed the situation, first saying “I can’t visit her too soon, she’ll think I’m in love with her.”

~AND

“Beth asked me to visit her at work rather than dropping by her home. She has no real interest in me and was just being nice.”

“Don’t over think, man!” Ryan blurted, “Give it a few days and nonchalantly stop by like it isn’t a big deal.”

Marty concurred, “Ryan’s on cue, thinking it over too much will only make you even more nervous.”

Tim acknowledged his friends, “I sort of overreact a little, huh?”

Marty smirked, “A little?”

Thus the friends hung out together the remainder of the evening, drinking cola while discussing Tim’s shyness and the duration of time before visiting Beth Anne.

In fact, Beth Anne was the main topic of discussion for a few days.

While socializing in Marty’s pleasantly remodeled basement, a couple things were agreed upon.

Tim shouldn’t visit Beth Anne on a Friday or Saturday night since the restaurant would probably be busy. He shouldn’t talk about himself and meticulously focus on her in order too shows he’s attentive. And Tim should wear suitable clothes, stylish but garments that would help conceal his girth.

Marty’s sister overheard the entire conversation while watching TV in the adjoining room. Actually she was eavesdropping but she wouldn’t admit to it.

Elena was a year older than her brother, a pleasingly plump young lady with flowing chocolate brown and adorable features.

The three gentlemen quit speaking as Elena sashayed into the room; the looks she got from this display only encouraged her to broadcast her opinion.

“You guys are really something; I know my brother’s a dork but I had a little hope for you two.”

Marty sighed, heaving his body upward, he informed Elena, “This is a private conversation, alright. Go back to your movie.”

Elena swayed toward Tim, her cheeks inflating with her smile, “You wanna listen to these losers or do you want some real advice.”

Tim glimpsed over at his friends, “Couldn’t hurt, right?”

The whimsical expression plastered over Elena’s pretty face subsided and her voice became abruptly stern. “Dress in what you always wear, you’re going for a meal not on a date. If you look too polished, you’ll make her feel uncomfortable. And don’t stay very long, just long enough to share a few anecdotes or else she might get bored or annoyed. And um, too much attention will scare her off.”

“Sounds logical too me”, Tim agreed.

Elena brought her hands over her hips, “Watch her body language, if she’s interested in you, she’ll hint at it.”

Tim shook his head, “Thanks, Elena, I really appreciate the advice.”

Elena advanced toward Tim, “You’re a nice guy, Tim. Just be yourself and stop listening to my brother and you‘ll do fine. “

Tim repeated his gratitude while rubbing his belly; Elena smiled. “Glad too be of service.”

However, on her trek back to the other room, she paused in her steps as she released a soft giggle, “I’ve known Beth through a few mutual friends, probably since 8th grade and I can assure you, you’ve no reason to worry about your weight.”

Elena had existed the room and Marty gawkily questioned, “You think Beth Anne likes chubby guys?”

Tim warily replied, “Maybe Elena meant Beth’s not shallow?”

Ryan chuckled, “I’ve never seen her out with a guy whose overweight, take Bill Osborne for instance, he’s not at all stocky.”

Eventually Tim joined Elena in the other room and inquired about her parting comment.

Elena was exceptionally ambiguous when she told Tim, “I only know Beth through friends and the times I did see her, she was always nice and friendly.”

“I guess she’s not all that superficial then?” Tim surmised.

“Superficial, nah”, Elena grinned, “A little vain, somewhat materialistic but superficial, not a chance.”

The next evening Tim took the leap and visited Beth Anne. Clothed in a basic black T-shirt and rumpled blue jeans, Tim looked nothing out of the ordinary with exception of overdoing it with the VO5 borrowed from his dad.

Brannigan’s Family Style Restaurant was sparsely roomed with patrons. A couple of truck drivers, an older couple and a few high school age customers who shuffled out of the place moments after Tim arrived.

Tim hesitated before finding a booth or table to sit. However, Beth Anne meandered over to him and suggested the booth closest to the door. This in turn caused Tim’s analytical mind to work overtime. “Why this booth and not one farther in the back?”

Tim politely nodded and took the booth, Beth Anne humming as she walked away, “Be right back.”

Beth Anne’s appearance was delightfully delectable. Her golden blond mane canvassing her shoulders, a hint of makeup accenting her charming features and her blah blue uniform unable too blemish her curvaceous figure.

Tim was surely surprised when Beth Anne slid into the other side of the booth and welcomed him with a peachy smile, “Hope you don’t mind sitting here. This way, I can get a look at whoever is coming in or going out.”

Tim swallowed a mouthful of air, “That’s cool….by all means…”

Beth Anne removed her check pad, “Figure out what you want or do you need a few minutes to decide.”

There was an undiluted serene timbre too Beth Anne’s voice, like they weren’t acquaintances but rather, good friends.

Tim nodded, “Yeah, just a milkshake, chocolate would be good, large, a large chocolate shake.”

Tim couldn’t mask his nervous behavior, Beth Anne certainly picked up the vibes and fluttered her big doe eyes, “You don’t spend a lot of time with many girls do you?”

Tim jumbled his words as he admitted, “Not strange girls, not that you’re strange, I mean girls who aren’t strangers.”

Beth Anne rested both elbows on the table and placed her chin over her hands, “Then we better get acquainted or else our conversations are going to be terribly one sided.”

Tim nodded as Beth Anne removed herself out of the booth.

“I’m going to check on the other customers, then bring you the shake”, Beth Anne chirped.

A few minutes later Beth Anne returned with the shake.

“You’re not in a hurry?” Beth Anne brilliantly smiled.

Tim nasally replied, “No, not really.”

Beth Anne casually explained that she wanted to finish some of her prep work, then she’d have time to chat for a while barring any new customers. Naturally Tim was on board and Beth Anne went about her business.

Tim quietly sat in the booth, enjoying his milkshake and observing Beth Anne waiting on customers and taking care of as much prep work as possible. Occasionally she would glimpse back at Tim and acknowledge him with a nod and smile.

Tim nervously pondered over several topics for discussion, fearful that he would come off as a genuine nerd.

Tim had finished his shake and was idly daydreaming about being on an official date with Beth Anne when he noticed her on the other side of the counter near a glass display case which was reserved for sweets. Beth Anne opened the case and withdrew a modest slice of cheesecake. After checking if the cook or busboy was anywhere near by, she proceeded to wolf down the cheesecake in two bites.

Tim softly giggled in amazement. If anything, this made Beth Anne appear much more normal. Well, normal for a preppy knockout. Seeing Beth Anne devouring the dessert made Tim feel a bit more comfortable, he could relate to her as an equal.

Tim unconsciously dropped his hand to his stout belly. Well, almost an equal.

Beth Anne wiped her lips and fingers off with a napkin and after making a stop over to the cash register too pays for the cheesecake, roamed over to Tim.

“How was the milkshake?”

Tim tilted his head, “Very good, I really liked it. Thank you.”

Beth Anne leaned into Tim‘s direction, “I’m going to grab a cup of coffee, want anything else before I join you?”

“Yeah, actually. I um, noticed you have a fondness for cheesecake, may I please treat you too another slice?”

Beth Anne swerved at her womanly hips and covered her mouth while releasing a girlie-girl giggle, “You didn’t see me devouring that chunk of cheesecake!”

Tim nodded with an absentminded smile.

Beth Anne turned toward the glass display case situated behind the counter.

“I really shouldn’t”, Beth Anne admitted, “But since you’re treating.”

Beth Anne gallivanted toward the counter, singing out, “Anything for you?”

“I wouldn’t mind a cup of coffee!”

In a few minutes Beth Anne was seated in front of Tim and he watched as the cheesecake vanished between her lips.

A sensual splinter glared from Beth Anne’s pretty green eyes, she apparently enjoyed the tasty snack.

Beth Anne began picking on the crumbs, squinting at Tim while informing him, “I hate to tell you this but that’ll be $4.95.”

Tim candidly smiled, “As long as you liked it, it’s worth every penny.”

Beth Anne wrangled a strand of her golden mane around her finger, “You know, you’re very nice to me, especially since, well, we weren’t exactly friends in high school.”

Tim shook his head, “That’s alright, Beth Anne."

Beth Anne repeated her appreciation for the cheesecake, Tim causally repeating that it wasn‘t a big deal.

Beth Anne smoothly prompted the chit-chat, the subject matter varied, high school the main topic though other items zipped in and out of the enthusiastic banter.

“I feel a little bit terrible about not remembering you so well in school”, Beth Anne commented at one point.

“That‘s alright, you hung out with the popular crowd, I was kinda in the background.”

“I have such wonderful vibes about you”, Beth Anne grinned, “You seem so totally nice, nice guys were usually ignored, that’s probably why I don’t remember you.”

Tim nodded, though was completely caught off guard as Beth Anne softly giggled, “But I imagine getting to know you would be a positive move on my part.”

Tim couldn’t believe his extraordinary luck! Beth Anne Edelsen, the curvaceous beauty who hadn’t taken notice of Tim in high school was now quite interested in him.

(Continued in post 5 of this thread)

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts

Back