• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Do WE Setup Ourselves??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrhythmia

Queen-Size Hottie!
Hello, Lovelies! :)

It is no secret that I originally joined Dims for a place to come chat with others of size and hopefully come to terms with my own size and accept me for me. Well, I'm happy to say that those hopes are being realized and I even met an awesome guy here, as well.

Looking back as to why I have had such a negative image of my size, I realized that I, although unconsciously, have allowed the standards of society be the reason for the negatives thoughts of myself.

For example:
for years, I have purchased the magazine, Woman's World. I liked the stories (especially the romance ones) they printed there every week. But, it took my 15 year old son to point out that every single issue in big bright letters right across the front page touted some kind of weightloss program with a skinny model or celebrity as witness to it's working power. My son's the one who puts the groceries away when I bring them home and everytime he pulled this magazine out the bag, he'd say, "Yeah, I knew it!! Some kind of weightloss program!" )BTW, he's already made the announcement to the family that he likes a woman with meat on her bones. :D ) I swore up and down that wasn't the reason why I bought the magazine, but after awhile I got to thinking...am I taking this in subconsiously? Even though I'm not paying attention to the huge headliner, is the message secretly getting in that I need to be like the model, and loose weight in order to feel good about myself?

Well, I stopped buying the magazines several weeks ago and the old issues I've had here are now being used only for the crossword puzzles while I sit on my throne. When they are finished, the mags will be tossed in the trash.

Are we unknowingly adding pain upon ourselves that society as a whole has already put upon us people of size?

Are we watching the Miss America pageants -- women who, regardless to what they say, are being judged on their outward appearance? I have, but no longer. As of today, I am taking a conscious look at the things surrounding me. I will not help society along. I am large, in charge and I am beautiful regardless to what anyone else says! :D

Latest posts

Back