Quantcast

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

escapist

Belt Buster!

ROFL, ok that totally reminds me of back when I first started going out again. I met who I thought was this very cool girl. We started talking, were hitting it off, I was thinking how can this girl be single, she's attractive, she has a very good job...welllllll yeah it turned into a train wreck. Much like our friend in the phone call I developed a case of "I need to grab some fresh air" and she was going to go use the restroom with all her girlfriends (as women tend to do at clubs). I thought that was it, Her friends were there to "Save Her" (and hopefully me). Oh no my friend I come back from my 10-20 minutes of getting air and who tracks me down!...ahhhh It was another hour before I was able to escape such a "Wonderful Connection". :doh:

Sooooo yeah sometimes when you "Think" you want to find someone, you end up thinking "I'd give a million dollars to be stuck on a deserted island for a day!"

Nothing is worse than a 1-way-love-connection!

djudex

I'm out
I actually do. I have a big gooey center when you get down to it.

BeerMe

Frankly, the thought of someone falling in love with me in a short amount of time is extremely off-putting.

Maybe it's true for some people, but I need more information than looks and a brief conversation.

ManBeef

love for someones appearance at first sight, yes. but love love as in true love, no. there is no substance. that is like looking at a black dude && automatically thinking he is finna rob you. plain out dumb if you ask me. at first sight scenarios are nothing more then bolts of intense attraction.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
To me this is the most true. I believe in chemical induction at first sight which leads to feelings of euphoria and attraction. I personally believe love is more than an emotion and as such can be built and strengthened much more than any feeling. The funny thing is its hard to build that bond without "The Spark". So if you feel like I just contradicted myself maybe I did. I'm sure I'm not the first person in the universe to believe and disbelieve a concept that has no form or true language, only the shape we give it with our own thoughts and experiences.

It really just is one of those "Chicken & the Egg" kind of things to me. :happy:
i do agree,a woman can look at you,and just smile,and sometimes you just feel an instant spark,even though you haven't talked to her or anything like that yet,you just feel an unknown aura of attraction and spark.it's hard to explain the feelings,it feels like it could be a mixture of lust,attraction,and something else.like i said feels just like magic.LOL

Cors

Delurking
No, I believe that love has to be mutual and mature. I have felt the spark numerous times though and must say that the elusive chemistry pushes me to work a lot harder at those relationships.

luvbigfellas

Has lips like morphine
First sight? No.

I believe in connection upon first meeting however. And oddly, most of the people I connected with the first time I met them have been the consistent ones in my life in one form or another.

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come
but first, I still believe in love at first sight however this time was I hate you at first sight. I met my partner a few years ago and I felt he was a big asshole and a waste of time and I stopped talking to him. Now lets move forward a few years later and I came across his profile and I said well his profile seems to be sincere but being cautious I said to him in email, that his profile was well written and seemed sincere and I was expecting a less than sincere reponse or no response which I had come to expect from the community. he responded to me and said my profile was truthful and down to earth and sincere. Ofcourse I said thank you for the kind words and let it go at that.

Well, I went looking at other profiles and looking at the news and he responded to me and asked me some questions and wanted to know more about me and I am wondering why he wants to know more about me, I doubted he was interested in me or just a booty call probably but I answered him back and told him what he wanted to know. Well to make a long story short, we started chatting and comparing notes and we had more in common than I thought and we started chatting everyday twice a day once in the morning and at night.

Well, me still being cautious and wanting to know what was his story about I asked him some questions and him telling me a bunch of lies and get ready for a let down, I was shocked to see he told me the truth.

Well moving forward, we started to fall for each other and I never saw him before he moved to me from Flint Michigan and he paid for his bus trip and not me and he treats me with all the love and care that I could ever ask for in a partner. He is the last person I see at night and the first person I see in the morning and finally after all the years of being alone, this man makes my life complete and my spirit and soul and brain are at peace and I count my stars that he choose me even with dealing with my bouts of anger which I am dealing with though meds..

he is the last man I will be to enjoy the second half of my life.

Please look at the pic and see why I am so happy...:):):):)

View attachment 0330111933.jpg

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
No, I believe that love has to be mutual and mature. I have felt the spark numerous times though and must say that the elusive chemistry pushes me to work a lot harder at those relationships.
well said i do agree.the people i have that instant connection with are the ones i feel i know longer,and the ones that usually stay around.

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come
how you can fall in love with someone even without meeting them. For me, it was my heart and brain in nsync with each other and dating the old fashion way. No sex before committment and I believe at least with me that this will always be the best way to get to know someone.

sometimes you can feel it in your heart when your heart and the other persons heart connect on some level. The feeling you get is nothing short of incrediable when you know this is the one and other times you feel that this person is wrong wrong wrong.

I have met men in the past that were there just to keep me company which I knew was wrong and I let them go. Thank god they can enjoy their lives in their own way.

NYC_FFA

I don't believe in love at first sight, but I had attraction at first sight with the man who has now become my husband. The funny part is that I was actually dating someone else at the time, so even though he told my sister and her boyfriend that I was cute, we didn't start dating until almost a year later when I was single again.

He still gives me a hard time about wanting to jump his bones the first time I saw him. :blush:

GentleSavage

I don't bite too much...
I kind of do, I guess. I mean I think it has only happened to me once, but wussed out on doing anything about it.

And now since I'm graduating in a month, there isn't much of a point for me to pursue her.

But I totally believe in friendship at first sight. My best friend/old roommate who I met at orientation I knew was going to be my best friend at college. And we instantly clicked. I don't know where I'd be without him.

Love you Corey. Huggles.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
"dating the old fashion way. No sex before committment"

Online isn't an "old fashioned" way.

You keep flogging this horse. Different thread, same way to get this across.

I find it amusing, since you're in what is considered an 'alternative' relationship, that you would still spout this over and over again.

:rolleyes:

Dockta_Dockta

Mister Maticus.
Not love at first sight. I agree with a lot of people here. Yes there can be an attraction, lust, even just a curiosity. Love though? I don't think so.