• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Do you think location is important in establishing a good self-image?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozonloz

OK, the reason I ask is that I've been spending, recently, alot of time in Bangkok.

Now, I love it here. I love the culture, the language, the scenery and how open and warm most of the people I meet are. But here, like no other place I've visited, has the potential to make me feel ugly. Because of my surroundings.

1- I'm not just twice the size of the average woman here. I'm 3 or 4 times the size. Thai girls are small. I stand out and am immediately pegged as different- there's not much of a BBW/FA community out here.

2- Thai guys and most of the westerners in the city are attracted to the Thai girl body type. not that there's anything wrong with that, but it doesnt exactly inspire confidence in yourself when everyone is looking at you in mild disgust instead of with open adoration. :p

3- The environment here is very humid and as any large girl knows, a hot moist place does not bring out the best in her. Sweating, body odeour and frizzy hair are NOT attractive and dont make you feel too hot either.

So if I spend say, more than a month out here at a time, some of the personality I have back home in the UK starts grinding down.

In the UK I can buy clothes at my favourite store, go clubbing/pubbing and expect at least some attention, go about my buissness as normal without feeling too badly like I stand out, spend time with people that dont see my size as an issue. And no-body points at you in the street.

I just have this feeling that it's all very well to say BBW's should be confident but it's easier for some then for others. In the UK, I'm a very confident and outgoing woman but day to day life here can really get me down. I feel sorry for any Thai BBW- it must be hard to be fat and proud in a culture that places so much emphasis on being small, pale and graceful as the epitomy of beauty.

Latest posts

Back