• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Event photos/Facebook/public posting of pics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMNYC

Hi, guys---

I have a dear friend, a SSBBW, whom I've tried in the past to get to accompany me and Mrs. JMNYC to public gatherings such as are displayed on this board.

To just get to the point, this person isn't too eager to have pics snapped and posted the next day on FB or the Dim Board, and that is one of the reasons she has not, thus far, joined us.

There are a few reasons and they are valid reasons as far as I'm concerned, and I respect her position. The biggest reason being, "I just don't want my pic taken." That's enough reason for me--no explanation needed.

I was wondering, though, if it would be possible to ASK people if it's ok to take their photo at public gatherings, and to be ok if they say "I'd rather not have my pic taken."

Or, if they do have a pic taken, if it would be possible to ask if they mind if it gets posted on the Dim board or FB, rather than just automatically tagged, and to refrain from posting it if they ask. People are at different places with regard to how they want themselves represented on the web, and I feel we should respect that even as cameras become common in every single possible setting.

Personally, I like photos and records of fun gatherings. But some don't like photos, not at all. Notice how we don't allow photos at the pool parties---the ones I went to, anyway, and that people trying to sneak pics are asked to leave.

There is, obviously, no way to control what other people do, but I just wanted to reiterate that some folks are at different places with size acceptance, and photos make some of them VERY uncomfortable, and they may be too nice or shy to say, "I'd rather not have my photo/video shot and posted in public."

Carry on---and thanks! :) Looking forward to seeing you Saturday! JM

Latest posts

Back