• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Eye issues

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eye issues affect everyone, fat and thin, and so I'll share my experience with eye sight and eye problems.

I was lucky insofar as I never needed corrective glasses. But I started needing readers in my mid-40s. I started with the 1.0s, and gradually worked my way up to my current 2.0s. I usually get el-cheapo glasses from drug stores. They get the job done (though at least once I paid dearly for my cheapness with glasses: giving a speech in Stockholm, the frame of my glasses broke right in half and I had to finish the speech holding up my glasses with one hand, rather shaken and not making the best of impressions).

I had the chicken pox when I was 19, and some of it got into one of my eyes. As a result I couldn't not focus my eyes for several months. That went away, but permanent damage revealed itself decades later. It became enough of a nuisance that I had an eye operation about ten years ago. While the surgeon declared it a success, it also meant re-training my brain to the new eye geometry for almost a year. And it resulted in one eye's horizon being about 7 degrees off from the other, making for stressful viewing, headaches, squinting, etc. So I am once again close to considering a follow-up operation. But with health care coverage that, while hugely expensive, covers almost nothing and has a large deductible, I am not sure I can go for it.

Good eye sight is just so important, especially when you make a living sitting in front of a computer display.

What are your eye issues?

Latest posts

Back