"Fat girls" banned from Montreal club

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Kazak

"Oh shit, I don't like your shoes. Get the fuck out of my line." :D
see I would just say " sorry your shoes don't go with the dress code. gimme $10 i'll let you in though" its called a tax. that's how the dude @ the door gets paid.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
see I would just like" sorry your shoes don't go with the dress code. gimme $10 i'll let you in." its called a tax. that's how the dude @ the door gets paid.
You, sir, are an entrepreneur. Do you think that Montreal club should have charged an ass-tax, then? :p

Kazak

You, sir, are an entrepreneur. Do you think that Montreal club should have charged an ass-tax, then? :p
I used to work the vip line at a club in l.a. and I used to tax the hell outa them kids. it was 18 and over. age I was strict on but dress code I made money on. ass tax? I guess if you give ol' boy a tape measure it would be done.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Not only do they exclude them but they revoked membership of 5000 who had gained weight over the holiday season. They were told they could resubmit pics for the other members to decide if they were worthy.

Personally, I'm usually with Groucho when it comes to clubs.
What would happen if we required Dimmers to submit pics for other members to decide on (based on weight or physical characteristics) for posting or read privileges?

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
I can't really force myself to have a problem with what beautifulpeople.com does. The owner of that site has a clear idea of what a beautiful person is in his opinion, and he has gathered a userbase that feels the same way as he does.

He put up the time, money, and effort to create what he wanted...I can't hold it against the guy if he does exactly what he said he set out to do!
So never mind that it's discriminatory and exclusionary of people who he doesn't feel fit within his narrow view of "beauty." You don't have a problem with that at all.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
What would happen if we required Dimmers to submit pics for other members to decide on (based on weight or physical characteristics) for posting or read privileges?
Jes, that's such a good question you should make a thread of it. I'd love to see everyone's take on it.

Paquito

don't July to me
I'm gonna call it "Club Sandwich"

We have so many bouncers here. They can alternate around.

I get to be the pimping club owner, and Paquito can be my ethnic wingman. Melian gets to be the cynical chick behind the bar. :p
The answer is SI. I will be your ethnic wingman.
I'll bring my party sombrero and everything (don't want to risk my other one, since it's for more formal occasions).

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
So never mind that it's discriminatory and exclusionary of people who he doesn't feel fit within his narrow view of "beauty." You don't have a problem with that at all.
No, not even a little bit. Seriously. If he thinks fat is not beautiful then I don't blame him for not allowing fat people on his website. It really is as simple that.

Fuck him for his narrow view, but it's his right and ability to hold that viewpoint and enforce it within his realm of influence.

Buffetbelly

Nosh, destroyer of snacks
Come to Cleveland! One of the hottest DJ's in town is a BBW-FFA who goes by "DJ Debi":

http://www.myspace.com/djdebi

She is usually working gay clubs, not that there's a problem with that! She specializes in old school disco but does all styles.

I'd like to say that I'm her biggest fan, but she has some really large fanboys so I'm probably not the biggest among her fanbase!