• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat Necrosis

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pookie

I had a bad fall at work a couple of weeks ago, the kitchen floor is made of old tiles, that when wet, are incredibly slippery. There have been several times before that I have nearly slipped over, as have others.

But that day the floor was still wet from being mopped after lunch time, several hours because it doesnt dry. I was going to the sink and my foot slipped under the shelf under the sink, so to not break my leg I grabbed out with my hand and ended up slamming into the corner of the metal sink.

I have really badly wrenched my shoulder, sprained my ankle and a minor sprain to my wrist. But the worst was where my tummy hit the corner of the sink. I have a huge deep nasty bruise. Its most of one side of my tummy.

The bruise was about 15cm long by 12cm wide. Its mostly healed but I could feel a lump in the bit that was the centre of the bruise, where the corner went the deepest.

So, I went to the Dr's yesterday well.... I can now say in all honesty I am technically, officially, partially dead. Thats right... I have a lump of necrosis. Because fat has a relatively poor blood supply, the injury, the deep bruising and swelling led to a section being not supplied so it died.

I am officially dead inside

Fat Necrosis

Doesn't it sound just amazing? Now I watch it, poke it and hopefully my body has the skills to break it down and absorb it. If it doesnt, or it gets more painful or bigger then it can be surgically sucked out, or possibly cut out, but I KNOW my stomach already has very poor wound healing capabilities because even cat scratches take forever, so I really hope it doesn't get that far.

Forgive the grim humour, its somewhat amusing to me to be saying something is dead inside and actually mean it. It is endlessly amusing right now... the Dr finally agreeing the clincally depressed are dead inside ;)

I wondered if anybody else has dealt with this? Is there anything I can do to try help my body deal with it so I dont have to have any medical intervention?

Latest posts

Back