Quantcast

Favorite Arrested Development Scenes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LovelyLiz

So...with all the fun of the Favorite Simpsons Scenes thread, I wanted to start one with another one of my favorite shows: Arrested Development. I just watched an episode while eating lunch, and thought this might be a fun thread.

I'll kick us off with this one:

Tobias is defending his work competency, and he talks about how he was the first person to be both an analyst and a therapist. Then his wife says that he almost got arrested for the business cards he had printed up. :D

Jes

is oddly aroused
Lucille Ostero--she's playing poker, when Buddy barges in and says: I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW! She looks at the other players and bites out: FELLAS, TAKE A POWDER!

my friend and i laugh and laugh at that one. there are a million funnier lines and set ups, but that one cracks us up every time.

ps: buddy recently said that the script for the movie has been written and may be filmed this year. Eh. I tend to dislike movies-after-shows, but since the family is in Limbo and threads need to be tied up, it might work in a 90-min. format.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Is "Every single one" a viable answer?
That is one show where I'd be inclined to say "yes!"

The one that cracked me up the most was the company Christmas party where there is Karaoke, and two different adult + teen of opposite gender teams end up getting part way through "Afternoon Delight" before the adult realizes what it is about. (Probably mostly cracks me up because I remember hearing that song on the radio when I was a kid, and thinking it sounded really cool, but of course having no idea what it was about at the time)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Basically the entire Afternoon Delight episode :D
So many layers to that one.

LovelyLiz

Michael Bluth: What have we always said is the most important thing?

George Michael Bluth: Breakfast

Michael Bluth: Family

George Michael Bluth: Oh, right. Family. I thought you meant of the things you eat.

Cece Larue

Fire Starter
Maebe: Do you guys know where I can get one of those T-shaped pendants?

Michael : That's a cross.

Maebe : Across from where?

Seriously though... one of my favvvvvvvorite shows!

bigbuttlover39

Michael: I burned it. Down to the ground.

George Sr.: There was money in that banana stand.

Michael: Well, it's all gone now.

George Sr.: There was $250,000 lining the inside walls of the banana stand.

Michael: What?

George Sr.: Cash, Michael. What the hell did you think I meant when I said...
(strangles Michael)
George Sr.: (yells) There is money... in... the banana stand.

Prison guard: (George Sr. quickly takes his hands off Michael) No Touching.

George Sr.: No touching.

Prison guard: No touching.

best ever.

bigbuttlover39

Tobias is defending his work competency, and he talks about how he was the first person to be both an analyst and a therapist. Then his wife says that he almost got arrested for the business cards he had printed up. :D
Tobias Fünke: No, no, it's pronounced a-nal-ra-pist.

Buster: It wasn't really the pronunciation that bothered me.

LovelyLiz

I don't know why this scene always cracks me up...but when Buster finds the box of wine, and thinks it's a giant juice box, and proceeds to get drunk and sing the song "Roses Turn" from Gypsy into a flower microphone, "Mama's bustin loose! Mama's gettin out!" and cause all kinds of mayhem around the house.

Cracks me UP.

smiley55

is when Gob performs his magic trick on the bluth development property with that big coffin and he falls out of it AHAHAH i love gob so much!

LovelyLiz

I just started rewatching the series again recently, from the beginning. And in one of the early episodes, Buster is with all his siblings, and they begin to talk smack about their mom. Gob, Michael, and Lindsay all say a few things, but then they're shocked when Buster says something about her being withholding. They cheer him on, because they can't believe he's said something negative about their mom, so he launches into this super long bleep-filled tirade. The shocked looks on everyone else's faces make the scene. I laughed for a solid minute.

Bearsy

Genuinely Disingenuous
George Sr: How much clearer do I have to say, THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!!
Guard: NO TOUCHING!
George Sr: NO TOUCHING!

----

Gob: Taste the happy Michael! Taste it!
Michael: Kinda tastes like sad.

Perry White

Library Editor
Any scene from ¡Amigos!

Gene Parmesan! :p Haha, oh boy, I think I need to rewatch that episode soon!

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
I get a good chuckle every time Gene Parmesean shows up and Lucille wigs out. I can't think of a specific scene right now, but there was actually a guy in another chat room the other night whose screen name was Gene_Parmesean
and i WIGGED OUT... and he left the room.

pdgujer148

Breakfast Messiah
I can't pick a favorite moment, but one thing I go know is that if I ever have kids I'm putting J. Walter Weatherman on retainer.

[flashback to George Sr. driving a younger Michael, Gob, and Buster]

George Sr.: We're out of milk. I could have got it earlier if someone would have left a note.

[suddenly he runs down J. Walter Weatherman and his fake arm comes off]

George Sr.:
Why!?! If someone had left a note, this innocent man would still have his arm. Why!?!

[the kids scream as Weatherman comes up to them]

J. Walter Weatherman: And that's why you always leave a note.

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
George Michael:Hey, I thought I heard something before, like a wolf drowning.
Michael: No, I think it was just the house settling, speaking of settling, how's Anne?

Gyrene

Buddha Belly
Tobias Fünke: [as Mrs. Featherbottom] Okay, who'd like a banger in the mouth?

Tobias Fünke: Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.

Michael: We just call it a sausage.

Latest posts