• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Favorite Author(s) creating BBW characters?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
TallFatSue said:
That's one reason I support plus-sized writers like Charlaine Harris, Denise Swanson, Jennifer Weiner etc. They're in the public eye as authors, but since they're somewhat behind the scenes, they can be successful fat women and not face quite the same pressure to lose weight and conform to unrealistic standards. (End of rant) :)

The mention of plus-size authors in another thread is responsible for the start of this one. As an avid reader, I am thrilled when I come across an author who gives us great fat gal characters. I admit to being hooked on feel good mysteries :) A few of my favorites are:

The Southern Sisters series by Anne George (Mary Alice is the funny, live life to the fullest BBW sister)

The Goldy Bear Culinary series by Diane Mott Davidson (pal Marla is large and lush, but Goldy is no skinny girl either AND lots of glorious food!)

Josephine Fuller series by Lynne Murray ("A woman of my size is supposed to be invisible--a factor that often proves useful in my line of work. My job is philanthropic troubleshooting. Such inquiries have to be discreet to be worth anything at all. As a woman weighing over two hundred pounds, my very existence bothers some people to the point where they erase me from the landscape. They look, and turn away. So I do my job, go home, take off the please-ignore-me black polyester pantsuit, and put on my preferred red silk lounging pajamas.")

AND my all time favorite that makes me cry from laughing so damn hard:

The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich for the Incredible, Kick Ass sidekick Lula ("I don't want to think about him being gay. Seems like anymore, all the buff bodies are gay, and all the bad-smelling, rangy men are straight. I find out Ranger's gay I'm going straight to the freezer section at Shop & Bag. Only men you can count on these days are Ben and Jerry.")

Latest posts

Back