• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fish Out of Water

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeeshcristina

I need some advice, encouragement, or a good smack to the head. I didn't know a better place to come for honest answers. :)

I've been seeing a guy recently, and all is going well. We haven't really talked about my weight, and so it's something I'm a bit awkward about. I try to be as confident as I can be, and while he's assured me that he's quite alright with how I look, I just still have my reservations. The years of indoctrination being told that fat is undesirable sometimes rears its ugly head.

Anyways, I was being a little snoopy, and Facebook stalking him and his friends (I know, I know) and stumbled upon his ex. Who happens to be really pretty. She's rather petite and slender. She's also his best friends twin sister. Right away I started feeling all those feelings I've been working on for so long, and now I'm feeling more self conscious than ever.

So anyway, through my sleuth skills, I ended up finding the circle of friends he always talks about, and quickly realized I'd be the only chubbster in the group of mostly girls. Talk about awkward. I'm just not sure how to go about approaching him with my reservations, or how to deal with being the fattest person in the room all the time. I'm 6' tall already, so I'm used to sticking out like a sore thumb, but the people I usually hang out with are a little nerdy and we're not exactly the super model types. They all seem perfectly nice, but I just feel so anxious, self conscious, and out of place.

Is this a non issue that I'm blowing way out of proportion? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
Help!

Latest posts

Back