Flippin the house, killing roaches, still didnt find the wallet.

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Heyyou, Sep 12, 2011.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Sep 13, 2011 #41

KHayes666

KHayes666

KHayes666

Go away

This ^^^^ (insert 10th character here required for minimum)

2. Sep 13, 2011 #42

Jes

Jes

Jes

is oddly aroused

I've thought the EXACT same and mentioned it to someone just the other day. All of the drama here, and elsewhere, with people trying to run people off, or change the course of events, or save people from themselves--why? WHY? It's just killing the golden goose.

If person A broke up with the loser or person B lost or gained all the weight already or person C stopped being such a narcissist or person D admitted she was a man all along... well then, what fun would that be? How would we spend our time?

If we fix everyone's problems, including our own, we're just chasing off the crazy, people. We can't feel smug and superior anymore! And I know I don't want a world w/o pig snouts and the right to talk about them!

3. Sep 13, 2011 #43

Inhibited

Inhibited

Inhibited

Arthritis isn't categorized as psychiatric disorder.

Ruby Ripples likes this.
  4. Sep 13, 2011 #44

Diana_Prince245

Diana_Prince245

Diana_Prince245

Wise as Athena

Yes, Heyyou is annoying, but so are the people who whine about everything, who are creepy, etc. We're all annoying to somebody.

I don't think Heyyou should be excused simply because he has a disorder. He can still learn to behave in a socially appropriate manner. That's what they spend years doing to children with his problem.

That said, yelling and being ugly to him is not going to help him learn, and merely makes others look like bullies.

ThikJerseyChik likes this.
  5. Sep 14, 2011 #45

*Goofy*Girl*

*Goofy*Girl*

*Goofy*Girl*

Kimmy

So true. No offense, but this thread has been highly entertaining. Reminds me of myself before I went on meds. :)

M2M has given you some good advice.
    In the meantime, I'd suggest you hire a psychic to help you find your wallet. Maybe there's one here at Dims who can help you pro-bono.

6. Sep 14, 2011 #46

Shosh

Shosh

Shosh

Susannah

Exactly! If people so " Dislike" the OP and do not want to be bothered by what he has to say, don't click on his thread. It is common sense.

There is a lot of bullying that goes on here, and it is pathetic.

Telling a person with Aspergers to have more of an insight into social interaction shows a complete lack of understanding of the condition.

mimosa and Inhibited like this.
  7. Sep 14, 2011 #47

KittyKitten

KittyKitten

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

I agree! We should all be free to post whatever we want without being attacked for it as long as it is not hurting anyone. Heyyou is not hurting anyone. Let him be.

8. Sep 14, 2011 #48

moore2me

moore2me

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank

Dimmers,
    Some suggested letting this thread remain alive was cruel. That this subject is a waste of the readers’ valuable time and a misuse of our host’s internet space. Perhaps the above is true, but I have a few examples of what I learned from this “strange” little subject, oddly written . . . .

Lesson 1 - Agreeing to move in with people you just met is risky. Heyyou could have been damaged much worse than he was. Plus, major cities in Florida are not good places for the naive to learn the lessons of life. I have a cousin who was bouncer in a bar in Miami - he is a tough guy. He was almost killed about two years ago when a bar fight he tried to break up spilled into an alley. He was left in the alley to bleed to death with his head kicked in. He was just doing his job - altho a hazardous job. He lived, but was in the hospital and rehab for a long time. The moral of the story is, be careful out there, strangers should earn your trust. Check references.

Lesson 2 - Here's another fun fact. Some disabilities are covered by law and discrimination by harassment to the extreme or physical or mental abuse may be a violation of federal law. Complaints of such violations are investigated by federal marshals.

If you look at definitions of what qualifies for social security disability,
    http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify6.htm
    http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/AdultListings.htm

So those of you who succeed in life and become employers or supervisors where you control the fates and job status of real people, take care about “discussing” other’s physical or mental weaknesses. You can do this, but it must be done in humane and civil ways set by federal and/or state laws.

For example, instead of saying M2M stinks and looks like a goat – you should say at work, M2M should wear clothes that have been laundered at least every other day and should wash and brush her hair at least every day. These would be okay to use as job requirements if they were relevant to the job – such as a receptionist or a salesperson.

Lesson 3 - Readers, ignore this next set of “facts” if you have had enough already . . . .Still here? Okay, Heyyou demonstrated by his writing and stream of thought what it’s like inside the mind of an Aspergers’ victim. Some of you characterized it “ spot on” by saying HY “talks” in a strange fashion and sounded, drunk, drugged, scattered, pleaded impairment, discussed personal paysite info, and hopped from subject to subject.

This story tone would change if we were hearing if from the a Alzheimer’s victim, a deaf person, or a cerebral palsy victim – you would read a different perspective from another person functioning at a disadvantage.

• HY also mentioned using the Socratic Communication Method. Many of you probably know what this involves. Are there some good folks who would like to tell us what this is? Why is it called this?

And last lesson ( #4 )from this thread – there are some brain diseases associated with arthritis. (I found at least four.) Altho, there are no bones in the brain, the brain can suffer some disorders from arthritis in other locations in the body.

Examples are rheumatoid arthritis (RA) which is a long-term disease that leads to inflammation of the joints and surrounding tissues and can include hardening of the arteries in the brain. Another example is spinal injury when the neck bones become damaged from arthritis. (The end of the brain stem is housed in the upper neck.) The third example is temporal arthritis – inflammation of the blood vessels which can be in the brain. And a fourth example was rheumatoid vasculitis which is also called brain fog and resembles a stroke. The fog is said to be caused from long term inflammation of blood vessels.

Now, learned a lot from working on this initial wallet search. However, I hate HY had to go thru this – but hope he learned from his loss as well. It’s part of growing up.

Yakatori likes this.
  9. Sep 15, 2011 #49

mimosa

mimosa

mimosa

Fluffy Mama

Heyyou,

Sending love and light to you.
    I see myself and I see my flaws. So I can not throw any stones. But I can send my best wishes to you. That's all.

Please take extra care of yourself. :happy:

ThikJerseyChik and Inhibited like this.
  10. Sep 15, 2011 #50

mimosa

mimosa

mimosa

Fluffy Mama

sending love to the rest of too. Especially to Shosh.:)

Shosh likes this.
  11. Oct 14, 2011 #51

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

I am continually amazed at the harsh tone and cruelty that is displayed here. I thought this was an ACCEPTANCE based site?

You can SEE who starts threads....why not just PASS on the ones you KNOW will aggravate you? Heyyou has the right to put his thoughts out there as does every other DIMS member.

You guys are rough. Thin skinned people run for cover.

There are people here I steer clear from. They have been ignored. A wonderful feature.

Aspergers Syndrome is a very challenging disorder. Unless you walk a day in HY's shoes, try not to assume he can 'hold his own'. Just sayin'.

Now I understand why so many just fade into the sunset....

<stepping off her portable soap box>

12. Oct 14, 2011 #52

snuggletiger

snuggletiger

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me

amen right on the dime.

13. Oct 14, 2011 #53

KittyKitten

KittyKitten

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

Very well said. I dislike the double standard on this board towards certain posters. It seems some people want to trash a poster just because they don't like them. Many posters have written a thread bemoaning their daily lives but it's acceptable because that person is 'likeable' or 'popular'. Some people see a person's username and post on his/her thread just to put them down or say something smart. It's happened to me as well. Why put others down to big up yourself? This is to no one is particular but I hate that pack mentality.

ThikJerseyChik likes this.
  14. Oct 14, 2011 #54

snuggletiger

snuggletiger

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me

and like everywhere else, but here more so, its like you are either in the "right click" or you're the one the "right click" is gunning for. Then when you look at the lives of those in "right click" its like in r/l the biggest collection of losers God could have created. The only way to deal with the "click" is to realize you yourself are infallible and those in the "click" have to be in a "click" because they lack individual worth.

15. Oct 14, 2011 #55

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

I think it's interesting that you would revive this thread after a month.

16. Oct 14, 2011 #56

KHayes666

KHayes666

KHayes666

Go away

I had totally forgotten all about this thread.

I asked a general question on another forum regarding aspergers and apparently not everyone who has it acts like a retard despite all evidence I've seen indicating otherwise. So Carla was right on the money when she said that using it is no excuse for continual bad behavior.

17. Oct 14, 2011 #57

Luv2BNaughty

Luv2BNaughty

Luv2BNaughty

\m/o.O\m/

And since it is revived, I'll throw in my 2 cents as well. I've kept myself out of the entire mess because none of it concerned me specifically, but I do find it a bit overkill to get worked up over someone's post. Just because you dislike someone and/or their personality doesn't mean you have the right to demean their every action. The beauty of a forum is the ignore feature. Not complicated to implement. Use it and move on.

18. Oct 15, 2011 #58

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

I don't get on here much anymore...and I randomly pick a thread to post on every now and again.

Hang me high for 'reviving' this thread, lol

::::insert eyeroll::::

19. Oct 15, 2011 #59

Shosh

Shosh

Shosh

Susannah

Very well said!

KittyKitten likes this.
  20. Oct 15, 2011 #60

Yakatori

Yakatori

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...

did you ever clear up that whole problem w/ the missing check?

Because I had an idea as to what happened, but didn't really bother to follow-up what with there being so many threads. But I am curious.

What about the tickets? Did they drop them? Was it, in the end, worth-it to all the way back to Jersey?