• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Flirting or just polite?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theladypoet

I am my own non-sequitur
Let me just start off by saying I am completely clueless when it comes to the dating world. Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm "body language/ non-verbal communication" illiterate.

Keeping that in mind, today I ran to the food court to grab some lunch, and when I went to put my change in my purse I ended up dumping it all over the floor, which was pretty embarrassing. Well, the totally smoking guy behind me (my opinion, or course) quickly came up and helped me pick up all the change, and then, after he'd handed back all my money and I stuttered my gratitude, he looked me in the eyes and smiled, but one of those really nice smiles, not the "I'm just pretending to be polite so people don't think I'm a jerk now please go away" smiles. I'm also pretty sure he said something funny, but I was flustered at this point and starving, so I just grabbed my food and left.

So was this guy trying to flirt with me and I just missed the signals, or did I have a run-in with a Genuinely Nice Guy(tm)? And for future reference, how can I tell when someone is attempting to flirt? Any advice or opinion you could provide would be fabulous.

Latest posts

Back