• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Food Allergies and Hiccups

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallFatSue

Does anyone have any experience with food allergies? Christmas parties and family reunions give me a chance to talk to friends and relatives we don't see very often. Last week I talked to someone with celiac, which is an intolereance to gluten. Another person was lactose intolerant.

This made me look into certain kinds of food allergies and I fit some of the symptoms of some minor food allergies. I've read that there are certain food allergies which may cause people to crave the very foods they are allergic to, because they experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop eating them. I've heard that many fat people have certain food-craving allergies without realising it, and it's one reason they're fat, but I don't know if I believe that. Some days there are some foods I just can't seem to get enough of, like ice cream or chocolate. On the other hand, maybe I just love love love to eat. A good meal gives me a buzz that's almost erotic. :eat1:

One thing for sure, I am verrrry prone to hiccups, usually 2 or 3 times a day for 10 minutes. Typically I get the hiccups about an hour after meals, or if I'm nervous or laugh a lot. I used to think maybe my hiccups are because I eat too much or too fast (guilty as charged! hee hee) but maybe I have slight food allergies. Spicy foods seem to give me the most impressive hiccups, real window-rattlers. But if it's a food allergy then I seem to be allergic to -- hiccup -- everything. Oh well, by this point in my life I pretty much accept hiccups as part of my digestive process, so I find them more amusing than annoying. Besides, hubby loves to watch me jiggle when I have the hiccups, and sometimes I get an ecstatic leg or foot massage in the process, so hiccups have some redeeming qualities. ;)

Sue

Latest posts

Back