• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fun ribbon-tie skirted dress! Sizes 6-30.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
I ordered this a while ago, and just received it today. What a fun dress!

P8792B.jpg

It's hard to see the detail here, but the bodice is a jersey-like cotton, and has some spandex in it. it's a heavier weight cotton, so it's not flimsy or overly-stretchy. It fit close to the skin, but not anywhere near too tight. I was very happy with it, though it did gap at the side of my boobs, so I might add some darts to correct that. It came with side zip, but I just slipped it over my head.

The sizes on this dress are very true - but I would say a 4X pear could wear this without any difficulty - perhaps even a 5X. Anyone who's smaller on top and big-hipped will be happy with this dress's fit. The close fit on top and the fullness at the hips gave me a very attractive hourglass silo. Fabulous! Not sure how this would look on apple-shapes, but chances are the flowy hips might actually work and give them emphasis there.

The skirt is 100% cotton and long when the ribbons are untied - just above my ankles (I'm 5' 8") - almost muslin in feel, but smooth, and VERY full. I'm overly blessed in the hips, and I have mucho-mucho room to spare here. For those of you that are hip-conscious, this will put them boldly on display, but not obnoxiously so - it's a great spinning dress! The thing I really like is that the dress is designed so that it's flat at the front and back - so there isn't *tons* of material coming off your belly or butt. If you have "shelf" issues in either area, this minimizes that.

The ribbon ties underneath - what a fun idea! You can tie up just one side, or each side, only the front or back, or do the whole thing as shown in the picture - it's very versatile that way. I'm not sure that's something I'll do all around since I don't really need anymore poufiness, but it would certainly be fun for a dance club or night out.

My only issue is that it's white. I mean WHITE. Not my color. Since it's cotton, I'm going to try and dye it and see how that works. It wasn't so awfully expensive ($69) so I'm willing to risk it. If it works out, I'd even buy another and dye that one too. I like it that much.

The designer on this is something called phoolfashion - their site shows some very attractive designs, but I'm not sure if everything includes plus sizes - more investigation to follow.

Highly recommended!

Latest posts

Back