• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Getting a bill for a “broken” chair.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMW_NL

Hi folks,
I’d like your opinion about this situation that I’ve run into.
Slightly over a month ago, I was invited to a friend of a friend’s home for a LAN-party ( a whole day where we do nothing more than play computer games).
Although I did know the person from previous LAN-parties, I had never been to his place before, so I was a bit surprised to see that he had quite an expensive home, with a nice wooden floor, which he had covered with a layer of cardboard paper used to protect the wood during movings. It was clear to me that he wanted us to be careful with his stuff, so I did...
We played games all day, ate and drank a lot, in other words; we had a great day.

Yesterday I got a mail from this guy, saying that the day after the party he discovered that the floor where I had sit and the chair that I had used were damaged beyond repair, so he wanted me to contact my insurance to get him the money for at least a new chair.
Now as some of you may know, with my bodyweight of 188kg (414 pounds), I may not be the fattest guy around here, but I’m most definitely a heavy guy, and although he didn’t use the words, I’m convinced that he meant “the chair is broken because you were too heavy for it”.
I know from experience that, if I sit in a chair without doing anything crazy (which I didn’t) a NORMAL chair can hold my weight for AT LEAST a day without any damage, the chair most certainly LOOKED strong enough to keep me, and I didn’t notice any strange sounds coming from it (although I have to admit that the average chair won’t last as long as it normally would when I frequently use it). Still he KNEW what I looked like before he invited me.
So in my opinion his response is pretty much the same as when you would invite someone in a wheel chair in your home and then afterwards send him a bill for tire tracks on your floor.

Have any of you people run into similar situations, and if so, how did you deal with it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back