Gilmore Girls

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Lamia

Like OMG!!
Has anyone watched this series? I am just starting the last season and have determined that I really would like to choke about half the cast at this point.

*spoilers**

All season we've watched the main character take a passive/aggressive stance about the postponement of her wedding. The season ended with her having a meltdown, issuing an ultimatum and having that blow up in her face, sleeping with her ex and ending the relationship.

It's so frustrating because women do this all the time and it's so annoying. We let things build and build and then explode and usually the person who is unloaded on has no clue where any of it is coming from.

I've watched people do this stew and moan and groan to a third party about a situation instead of diffusing it through a discussion with the offending party.

:doh:

The other part that has really annoyed me about the series is that the main character has made a couple of snide remarks about fat people and it's the one series that has 3 BBWS as secondary characters that she professes to have a friendship with.

hrd

the last season was a bit of a mess - if i remember correctly, the show's creator was trying to negotiate a contract extension when they made the switch from the wb to cw, and her contract wasn't renewed - so the show really lost its way, and the drop in character quality directly reflects the inferior writing, production and direction - the fast-talking dames dialogue defined the characters and how they behaved, set the tone of the show, and when the creator left, so did the great scripts - so, in line with their less than witty dialogue, the show's characters became rather vapid and made the last season almost unwatchable -

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
omg i loved this show.it is one of my favirotes of all time.i miss Gilmore Girls. :(

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
The show would have been perfect if the actresses for Lorelie and Sookie were switched :D I mean seriously, Lorelei was always on about food but was rake thin, AND how much more of a revolt against her controlling and repressed mom would it have been if she was fat and happy like that?

I enjoyed the series as it was, but that part always struck me as a lost opportunity.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
OMG! I love this series!
Seriously, I have every season on DVD. It was the everyday-life, the great relationships, the wonderful characters... there's so much I adore about this series. Oh, and I am Luke. More or less. Give me a few years, and I'm there. BUT I agree, the last season, it all went a little downhill. There was so much potential, and there should have been another season to complete it properly. Oh, well.

danielson123

Seasick Sailorboy
There are only a handful of shows I've seen from beginning to end, and this was one of them. This is a great series up until the last season. It sort of lost all it's luster at that point. I'm not happy with how it ended, either. Makes me wish there was a special or a movie to wrap up all of the character's stories. And I love the idea of having Sookie and Lorelai switch actresses. This would make for a very different storyline with a lot more potential for conflict with her family.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
The show would have been perfect if the actresses for Lorelie and Sookie were switched :D I mean seriously, Lorelei was always on about food but was rake thin, AND how much more of a revolt against her controlling and repressed mom would it have been if she was fat and happy like that?

I enjoyed the series as it was, but that part always struck me as a lost opportunity.
i agree,they made it like Lorelai could eat tons of food and she was real skinny.that was always kinda humerous i must admit.lol

Hathor

stolen child
I loved the Gilmore Girls. I loved all the literary references and the snappy comebacks. The last season was messy, but that's because the studio was having issues with the creators, writers, and whoever else. I didn't like the ending at all. I so wanted her to end up marrying Luke.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I loved the Gilmore Girls. I loved all the literary references and the snappy comebacks. The last season was messy, but that's because the studio was having issues with the creators, writers, and whoever else. I didn't like the ending at all. I so wanted her to end up marrying Luke.

i also heard that some of the cast wanted more money like Lauren Graham.it's funny the producers broke down the dialogue.Gilmore speak is fast and can go by in the blink of an eye.LOL

Latest posts