Quantcast

H E L L: Level 10.5

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Welcome to the house of the damned. This is the thread for those individuals for whom a size 10 is too small for your feet, yet a size 11 is too large. Cursed forever to wander the earth in ill fitted shoes that hurt your feet -- ever longing to find that perfect shoe that fits well, feels good, won't aggravate corns or calluses and meets your fashion standards. Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin here. Also this is the place to chime in if you've uncovered a rare gem in this cavernous underworld of doom.

Visitors welcome! :)

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Hello, my sister in 10.5 land. Also, I'm on the edge of C and D width, which means my feet are only slightly too wide.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I just ordered these from Lands End. The litterature says that they run big so everyone should order a half size down unless you're a size 11. :confused:*cue insane hysterical laughter here*:confused: So I ordered a size 10 wide hoping they will fit. If they don't I'm screwed.

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
Can I visit?

Ok, look, I'm a 9.5 but I have like quadruple E wide feed and pretty much can't wear women's shoes from brick and mortar stores.

I'm SERIOUSLY researching where drag queens get their shoes. No joke.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Can I visit?

Ok, look, I'm a 9.5 but I have like quadruple E wide feed and pretty much can't wear women's shoes from brick and mortar stores.

I started that when I was in high school. I started writing in looking for shoes for drag queens and I wound up on a couple of catalog lists for pr0n. It was tough explaining it all to my parents. :-/ I've bought men's shoes for years off and on but I want some girlie ones dammit. Ones that don't have 6 inch heels.

kr7

Welcome to the house of the damned. This is the thread for those individuals for whom a size 10 is too small for your feet, yet a size 11 is too large.....
Oh honey, I am so there. I am pretty much destined to live in sneakers, if I want to be relatively pain free. Apparently, some of us are not allowed to wear women's shoes.

I remember years ago there was a catalog called something like "Sexy Shoes" (not sure on this), that catered specifically to extra large/wide feet. I think they started at size 10, and went up from there (speaking of drag queens). That catalog was all high heels, and if I remember correctly, they had quite a selection of fetish shoes. Wonder whatever became of them.

Chris

olwen

Disco Bear
Can I visit?

Ha. I've thought about doing the same thing. My feet are really wide, so women's size 9 is too narrow, but a size 10 is wide enough but too long, men's size 9 is too big, size 8 often fits, but they're men's shoes. I never go into women's shoe shops for shoes ever. I go into sneaker stores or those stores that sell both men's and women's shoes. I just never know what size is going to fit so I end up trying on six or seven pairs of both mens and womens styles even to buy sneakers.

I found a pair of Doc Marten's mary jane style in a rock and roll type clothing store of all places, and they are a size 9 and somehow too long, and still not wide enough. But they were cute and feminine so I bought them. I had to buy those heel inserts and have the straps adjusted so I could buckle them (an extra $20 alltogether) and, my feet still aren't comfortable in them. ....I fucking hate shopping for shoes.

BubbleButtBabe

No one cares anyway
Have you checked out www.drag-queen.com. They seem to be a bit expensive but if they are quality shoes and last for a while they would be well worth the price in my opinion.

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
I got a Pm with info on a cross-dressers shop in my area! Big problem is that they are all big old heels and platforms ha ha.

I probably need to get used to spending money for specialty shoes. I only wear flip flops in the summer because they fit perfectly...but so bad for the feets.

THanks, dad. I love having your feet!

Olwen, i often buy 10 to squeeze into, but my feet length is around a 9. Very few 9s besides flip flops fit.

olwen

Disco Bear
I got a Pm with info on a cross-dressers shop in my area! Big problem is that they are all big old heels and platforms ha ha.

I probably need to get used to spending money for specialty shoes. I only wear flip flops in the summer because they fit perfectly...but so bad for the feets.

THanks, dad. I love having your feet!

Olwen, i often buy 10 to squeeze into, but my feet length is around a 9. Very few 9s besides flip flops fit.
I've been doing the same thing re flip-flops. They are bad for the feet and I hate how dirty my feet are at the end of the day. I'm down to a pair of converse, a pair of mary janes, a pair of slip ons (also doc martens but still too narrow), and a pair of new balance running sneakers. I hate shopping online too cause the first pair never fits and I end up returning three or four pairs. I really need new shoes, but the thought of going shopping fills me with such anxiety that I'll just wait until the shoes I have either fall apart or cause so much pain as to be unbearable to walk in.

sunnie1653

Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)
I wear anywhere from a 11-11.5, and my feet are wide, so I'll join y'all.

I LIVE in flipflops. And in the winter, its always sneakers. I can find some cute dress shoes every so often in an 11 or 12 wide and even though I find them and even though they'll fit on my feet, I can only wear them for so long before I'm screaming for my flips. LOL

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
I think I have you all beat in the hard-to-fit shoe department. I wear between a 13-14. I am forever doomed to men's shoes or hooker boots (from the drag queen front).

William

If you are ever in Connecticut try this store

Hawley Lane Shoes
http://www.hawleylaneshoes.com/index.html
Their online Store
http://www.comfortshoeshop.com/catalog/

William

Welcome to the house of the damned. This is the thread for those individuals for whom a size 10 is too small for your feet, yet a size 11 is too large. Cursed forever to wander the earth in ill fitted shoes that hurt your feet -- ever longing to find that perfect shoe that fits well, feels good, won't aggravate corns or calluses and meets your fashion standards. Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin here. Also this is the place to chime in if you've uncovered a rare gem in this cavernous underworld of doom.

Visitors welcome! :)

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I normally wear a size 10, normal width but occasionally a 10 is too small and I wish there was a 10.5 but of course, they don't carry any in most stores and an 11 is waaaay too big. I used to have the same problem with a 9.5...there's more in a 9.5, but still, not as much as other half sizes. Sucks.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I just ordered these from Lands End. The litterature says that they run big so everyone should order a half size down unless you're a size 11. :confused:*cue insane hysterical laughter here*:confused: So I ordered a size 10 wide hoping they will fit. If they don't I'm screwed.
*bump*

Just for the record these didn't fit. :( I'm about to punish myself once again by ordering a shoe that runs big one size lower than what I usually buy. We'll see how it works out.

volatile

Try zappos.com :) It's pretty much the only place I can find shoes that fit well. It's free shipping both ways and once you order it takes about 2 days to get them. I've when seen many is size 10.5. Just use the little search feature.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Try zappos.com :) It's pretty much the only place I can find shoes that fit well. It's free shipping both ways and once you order it takes about 2 days to get them. I've when seen many is size 10.5. Just use the little search feature.
Yeah but they're all ugly grandma shoes. :-/ You could go to sleep for 50 years, then come back and the shoe selection would be the same in size 10.5 wide.

Paul

Oh honey, I am so there. I am pretty much destined to live in sneakers, if I want to be relatively pain free. Apparently, some of us are not allowed to wear women's shoes.

I remember years ago there was a catalog called something like "Sexy Shoes" (not sure on this), that catered specifically to extra large/wide feet. I think they started at size 10, and went up from there (speaking of drag queens). That catalog was all high heels, and if I remember correctly, they had quite a selection of fetish shoes. Wonder whatever became of them.

Chris
Is this the place kr7? http://www.sexyshoes.com/

They have large sizes. Below are a few examples of their shoes.

bobbleheaddoll

loves her bhm!
well, if anyone is ever in the charlotte area they have great stores in nc called wide shoe warehouse. they carry all types of shoes from flats to hoochie shoes no one should ever really attempt to walk in...lol.

http://www.wideshoewarehouse.com/index.html

even if you are not in nc, they do list alot of the brands they carry on the site, so you can get an idea of who makes larger shoes and where they may sell them in your area.

hope it helps!

fatbottomedgrrl

I, too, know the pain of being a 10.5. I've had some luck at designer shoes. They only go up to WW, and they ain't cheap, but there are tones of options in 10.5.

My alternate solution? An over-sized handbag. Wear cute but hideously uncomfortable shoes into an event. Reach into said handbag and retrieve ugly comfy shoes. Swap out under the table. Change back when it's time to leave.

Latest posts