Has Gaining Gone Too Far?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
when its an emergency and they have to get them off the bed asap to go to surgery they do, as the barriatric bed doesnt fit thru the door of the hospital, we had to transport it in on its side,

i witnessed 4 murses have to get the patient off the bed asap, and i have heard of ambos being called out to get supersize ppl to hospital and have left them there, there was a case a few years ago where one patient died as they refused to move them..
I think I lost track of your argument...unless you're saying that it's the supersize person's fault he or she died because medics refused to do their job. Then I hear you loud and clear but have lost a good deal of my faith in humanity.

cinnamitch

nope
when its an emergency and they have to get them off the bed asap to go to surgery they do, as the barriatric bed doesnt fit thru the door of the hospital, we had to transport it in on its side,

i witnessed 4 murses have to get the patient off the bed asap, and i have heard of ambos being called out to get supersize ppl to hospital and have left them there, there was a case a few years ago where one patient died as they refused to move them..
HMM kinda surprising since most hospitals I know of have loading door for bulky equipment to fit through. Any kind of specialized bed runs the risk of having to be moved into hard to fit rooms in tricky ways. I remember us spending hours trying to get a sand bed into a fairly narrow door of a patients room.

MystifyMe

Cheeky Aussie
the bed fit into the hospital and into the lift but not into the ward, there was no angle to wheel it into, so we had to put it on its side.. in Sydney not all hospitals have standard size wards, lifts or doors so some wards vary, i deliver to every hospital in sydney and some of our beds are too big for some lifts at the older hospital so have to send smaller size ones

Paquito

don't July to me

I work in the hospital industry and have to deliver barriatric equipment for the obese ppl and hospitals are at breaking point now due to overweight ppl, and thw cost to care for a ssbw is alot more then a regular person, so whose footing the bill for the extra ppl it requires to look after someone larger, i know it takes 3-4 nurses to move them out of bed and wash them and so on..we get stuffed around every day when we go to homes of ssbws and have to wait for their carers to get there to move them so we can replace their mattress and so on,

i know alot of doctors eventually will refuse to care after ppl who put their body at harm on purpose, same way as smokers dont get special treatment anymore, they k now the risks so suffer the consequences, i just feel sorry for the nurses who brek their backs at work caring for these patients.
Wow. Love how this isn't even about people gaining, just SS people in general. Sweet size acceptance there.

cinnamitch

nope
the bed fit into the hospital and into the lift but not into the ward, there was no angle to wheel it into, so we had to put it on its side.. in Sydney not all hospitals have standard size wards, lifts or doors so some wards vary, i deliver to every hospital in sydney and some of our beds are too big for some lifts at the older hospital so have to send smaller size ones
So it would be possible that if a special bed had to be put in for a 90 lb person, it might have trouble fitting in the door as well. More of a structural issue truthfully. That's what I mean by planning. A good team would make sure that if there were issues regarding being able to fit a bed into a certain area, one might want to look for an alternate area in the hospital that would be more feasible.

FA Punk

As I see it, you're calling someone I consider a friend and someone you've never met nor spoken to their friends or loved ones about their gaining, selfish for not living up to your arbitrary standards of good fatty/bad fatty.

At the same time you're over in a paysite thread pissing and moaning about a new model having previously expressed interest in WLS. So up or down on the scale's out of the question for FA Punk.

And you're doing all this control freak, straight and narrow "good fatty" bullshit with a pro wrestling avatar and username. You want to talk about destructive, look at that industry, where even the top performers are "independent contractors" and have little in the way of health care or job security. And yet you continue to support that industry, and (this is similar to the hitjob you did on Ashley but fuck you) based on your love of CM Punk I imagine you consider yourself a smark of some degree and as such spend a good chunk of your disposable income greasing the wheels of pro wrestling.

What a jagaloon.
I haven't spent a dime on pro wresting in years, yeah I comment on the wrestling thread every once in awhile but thats as far as I go with it anymore I just haven't changed my avatar and I don't think you can change your name around here so thats it you got nothing buddy. Oh and that other thing I'm sorry but if I see something I see as bullshit I comment on it thats just how I am;). Now granted the person you mentioned has gotten in contact with me and has told me she has changed her mind about FAs, which was what was upsetting me in the first place it had nothing to do with WLS, nice try though. And with that I'm done I've said my piece and counted to three so you guys can fight amongst yourselves now.

Forgotten_Futures

The *other* Holy Trinity
Ultimately, the "intentional gaining" behavior mechanic is just another form of "live fast, die young" or "YOLO". The concept being that there's nothing you can do to stave off death, so enjoy life while you can, and so what if you hasten the inevitable in the process?

*note: I do not live by the YOLO standard.

MystifyMe

Cheeky Aussie
we told them if there is an emergency u cant rush them out on the bed, they said oh well its the only room we have for the patient so will have to do, as i said the hospitals are at breaking point, the NSW health system is in a disaster, so not alot of planning going on, the NSW government owes our company over 1 million dollars but cant pay it as they dont have the money

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Surlysomething,

First of all this is not meant to be an attack on you but rather a diffuse opinion on the use of pity and psuedo empathy to shame and manipulate people.

So imagine a person (could be a stranger, your sister, your neighbor, brother-in-law, whatev) comes up to you in any given situation and says, "I'm not JUDGING you or anything but it makes me really sad that you are fat. I mean it really makes me FEEL REALLY SAD, you know. But... no judgement or anything. Just thought you should know that I pity you." You know what I would say? I would say something really effing rude in return and I would NEVER.. EVER trust that person when I have a problem. Because really who are you to feel sad for people you don't even know or understand? Can you see how condescending that is? Most people don't want pity, they want understanding. In my experience, people that want pity are generally co-dependent and incapable of grown up communication in the first place.

I would guess most of us here on Dims already live in glass houses so best we not throw stones.

"Make no judgments where you have no compassion." - Anne McCaffrey
Haha. I don't pity anyone.

Stop putting words in my mouth and move on. And again, I never said sad, I said scared. If you're going to attempt to school me, at least get it right.

MystifyMe

Cheeky Aussie
So it would be possible that if a special bed had to be put in for a 90 lb person, it might have trouble fitting in the door as well. More of a structural issue truthfully. That's what I mean by planning. A good team would make sure that if there were issues regarding being able to fit a bed into a certain area, one might want to look for an alternate area in the hospital that would be more feasible.
no a special bed would for a 90lb person fit in the room,. but the 1.2 metre mattress needed for the barri bed meant we had to send the biggest one we have, it can hold 600 pounds, most of the barri beds we have are smaller, the problem was we couldnt get it on the room as it was on the bend of a hallway,

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
I haven't spent a dime on pro wresting in years, yeah I comment on the wrestling thread every once in awhile but thats as far as I go with it anymore I just haven't changed my avatar and I don't think you can change your name around here so thats it you got nothing buddy. Oh and that other thing I'm sorry but if I see something I see as bullshit I comment on it thats just how I am;). Now granted the person you mentioned has gotten in contact with me and has told me she has changed her mind about FAs, which was what was upsetting me in the first place it had nothing to do with WLS, nice try though. And with that I'm done I've said my piece and counted to three so you guys can fight amongst yourselves now.
Then I take it I've changed your mind. Awesome!
heh

cinnamitch

nope
we told them if there is an emergency u cant rush them out on the bed, they said oh well its the only room we have for the patient so will have to do, as i said the hospitals are at breaking point, the NSW health system is in a disaster, so not alot of planning going on, the NSW government owes our company over 1 million dollars but cant pay it as they dont have the money
I suggest you see how much it costs to provide care for the elderly, the premature babies and such. I am sure you will find the main amount of hospital costs go to that.

MystifyMe

Cheeky Aussie
most of our work is for aged care, but barriatric products and services cost alot more..

cinnamitch

nope
most of our work is for aged care, but barriatric products and services cost alot more..
And specialized products for any group will cost more. Ever price those incubators for preemies? But then again they aren't horribly fat are they?
That's what it all boils down to. Do you think we don't get the message. Oh the concern wah wah. It's ok to be fat if its up to a certain point. I mean come on the guys come on here looking for a fat girl. So if I am to understand it, the ones of us who don't meet the "standard" of acceptable weight are facing death, costing the taxpayers money and are just a bunch of fu**ing losers. Will you and the other concerned folks please post what weight is acceptable and put it out in a memo to us. I mean give me a break, I'm not even a paysite model and I'm offended. I am however one of those gross fatties who cost you good taxpayers money with all this specialized care that I do not get. Pfft. At the end of the day it is their bodies to do with what they want. Maybe one day they will all get pissed and just close their sites down and ya'll can play with yourselves.

Dolce

ShapeShifter
Haha. I don't pity anyone.

Stop putting words in my mouth and move on. And again, I never said sad, I said scared. If you're going to attempt to school me, at least get it right.

Where did I say I felt sorry for anyone? I said I felt sad. And that's only from my personal experience that I also mentioned. I'm not judging, just making an observation.
But to be fair I suppose you did misquote yourself... :)

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
Guys... Like why is this thread even here anymore? Ashley shut it the fuck down at the top of pg 2. Fat people who are fat shaming is seriously blowing my mind right now. I get what being big/getting bigger does to my body. Trust me, I've read about it in the other 20 threads we have about this stuff. At the end of the day, when I leave the internet forum... I'm going to do what makes me happy and what makes ME feel good, and you're not going to have a say in it... because why should you?

LovelyLiz

snipped
One more note: you can't determine my level of health by the size of my body. The fat acceptance movement has been trying to convince the mainstream of this since it began. It's sad that once someone gets to a certain size that whole idea gets thrown out, even in our own community.
Really, I think the argument has to come down to body autonomy, and not to emphasize the health aspect. While someone's size does not give a clear picture of their health, if someone chooses to binge frequently, indulge in a lot of junk foods, and not exercise, those are simply not healthy behaviors. (Not that you do this - I don't know you at all and I have no idea, just commenting in terms of what I've read of others engaging in weight gain.) Arguing that unhealthy behaviors are healthy isn't going to make the point in a way that is compelling, because we all know that certain ways of living are simply better for the body than others. The point that counts is that it has to remain up to the individual as to whether they want to engage in healthy or unhealthy behaviors, or how much of each they choose to partake in.

I work in the hospital industry and have to deliver barriatric equipment for the obese ppl and hospitals are at breaking point now due to overweight ppl, and thw cost to care for a ssbw is alot more then a regular person, so whose footing the bill for the extra ppl it requires to look after someone larger, i know it takes 3-4 nurses to move them out of bed and wash them and so on..we get stuffed around every day when we go to homes of ssbws and have to wait for their carers to get there to move them so we can replace their mattress and so on,

i know alot of doctors eventually will refuse to care after ppl who put their body at harm on purpose, same way as smokers dont get special treatment anymore, they k now the risks so suffer the consequences, i just feel sorry for the nurses who brek their backs at work caring for these patients.
All of your posts blew my mind, MystifyMe. I will just say one thing to you: ALL PEOPLE SHOULD RECEIVE THE MEDICAL TREATMENT THEY NEED in ways that respect their humanity and dignity. Period.

penguin

Fnord
All of your posts blew my mind, MystifyMe. I will just say one thing to you: ALL PEOPLE SHOULD RECEIVE THE MEDICAL TREATMENT THEY NEED in ways that respect their humanity and dignity. Period.
And the medical industry SHOULD cater to us. They cater to everyone else and their needs, so if more people are getting bigger, then they should be adapting and make allowances for that instead of shaming us.

The amount of body and fat shaming going on here is unsettling, especially from those who claim to be FAs.

cinnamitch

nope
And the medical industry SHOULD cater to us. They cater to everyone else and their needs, so if more people are getting bigger, then they should be adapting and make allowances for that instead of shaming us.

The amount of body and fat shaming going on here is unsettling, especially from those who claim to be FAs.
Maybe it needs to be renamed FA* and then a footnote at the bottom letting everyone know the acceptable weight to be.:mad:

penguin

Fnord
Maybe it needs to be renamed FA* and then a footnote at the bottom letting everyone know the acceptable weight to be.:mad:
It's like we just can't win, even within the community. Some of us are "too big" as we are apparently, yet at the same time others will tell us that we're not big enough.

I can't help but think that the acceptance part has gone out the door, as some around here act like the women are here solely as decoration and to give them spank bank material, that the actual woman doesn't matter as long as she's the "right" fat for them.

What I choose to do with my body is my business, whether that's lose, gain or maintain. I try to make the right choices for my health myself, and it's my body so it's my choice. The only people whose opinions will matter on the subject are mine and my partner's, and even then, in the end it's my decision how I want to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts