• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

HELP! Nostalgia-Inducing Tunes from the 60s-70s?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cold comfort

Hello dudes and dudettes! Thanks for checking out my plea for help, here.

Now, normally I'm pretty good at nailing songs that both my dad and I love ... but here's the scenario:

My dad's surprise 50th birthday party is this Friday ... and I've put the whole huge thing together from scratch. It's left me feeling a little exhausted, nearly brain-dead and on a complete emotional overload (I won't get into THAT, though).

For his birthday party though, I'm putting together a huge video project on my computer. I've always had a knack for editing films and videos (mass media college major), so it's like, a 20 minute video of photographs from his 50 years, old home videos, a few bells and whistles thrown in AND OF COURSE ...

NOSTALGIA-INDUCING TUNES FROM HIS FAVORITE ERA OF MUSIC!

here's the thing, i have a FEW in mind BUT i knooooow i'm not nearly thinking of all of them. everything feels like it's on the tip of my brain... and my dad is MY man ... so i want this video to be ... so entirely perfect and SO so so so good (my goal is tears, i swear).

what i'm specifically looking for is like ... that feeling you get when you look at old photos you have, while listening to the chorus of mott the hoople's "all the young dudes." something like that. he was reeeeally into music, so i know for sure he won't be into disco, or like, excessively overplayed stairway to heaven type of tunes (no offense to fans of either, this is just my dad's taste speaking, here)! i've only got a couple so far that i'm only THINKING about:

mott the hoople - all the young dudes
van morrison - caravan (laaaaa, la, la la, la la laaa)
james taylor - carolina in my mind (he's a fan)

and some of his favorites seem to be: steely dan, jimi hendrix, jethro tull, james taylor, the beatles, frank zappa, a bunch of obscure classic rock i don't even know, mott the hoople, eric clapton, roxy music, a little bit of zep, etc.

so fire away, guys. any and all suggestions are definitely appreciated and i thank you so much for helping me out!!! i really just need suggestions badly.

seriously. it means a lot. i just want to make sure i got that across. i don't care if i get one reply or ten, i seriously appreciate EACH one. i'm so desperate to make this turn out awesome for him (so desperate, in fact, that i made a thread about it on here)!

Scan13_0013_013.jpg

^^ my pops, me, and the lovely brown waters of Lake Erie. check out those blue shorts, RAWR! :rolleyes:

/endramble. ;)

Latest posts

Back