• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Help ?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgageny

Okay so I realise there are probably ten thousand previous threads that covered this, but I'm looking for fresh views (also I'm too lazy to track the 'elder post' down. I'm not HP...lol)

Anyway on to my problem.
Roommate and good friend has recently been putting up some very size/fat negative Facebook status's
The most recent being one yesterday:
" I was such a fat and ugly child, thank god I've changed otherwise I would never let myself leave the house"

Now my first issue is: I don't know how to bring this up to her, but I really want to challenge her thoughts and her feelings about herself.
The trouble being that her status's and real life conversation/comments have been more directed to fat girls in general. Myself being the exception, or so she claims.
Yes she has lost a bit of weight and now can sleep with whom ever she pleases. But the only reason people changed how they treated her was because of the self confidence she gained.

Second issue: although I usually have pretty thick skin, those comments kinda offended me. I hadn't realised how very size negative she was and it got me thinking about her opinion of me.

Sooo really what I'm looking for is some reassurance for thinking that her status updates are offensive. I guess an opinion that is level headed (which mine will not be. Ha ha)
And also ideas about how to speak to her about her body issues/comments in a 'nice' way ?
Anything anyone can offer will be great, I'm terrible at confrontation and find that I usually fly off the handle too quickly.

Sorry about the non making sense of this post. It's rather late at night and I'm fried!

Latest posts

Back