Hi.. Is anyone into photography?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Joker

This was at an old building that was used for costume rentals that closed down. I shot this by putting the camera lens right to the glass of a tinted window then holding steady. It was a Nikon N90s with a Tokina 28-105 Tri-x and HC-110 Dilution H.
Tin Man.jpg

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"Are the metal church spires replacements for brick spires that fell? Or was the church designed with those? They are both odd and attractive, at the same time."
Yeah, it is interesting, compelling, from an architectural and aesthetic standpoint, the juxtaposition or emphasis of the continuity between the old and the new; I really like stuff like that in any kind of building.

"Replacements after the Tornado of 99 destroyed the whole church."
As in razed to the ground? As in everything I see is brand new? In that context I don't quite like it as much. I'd be most into it (of all) if most of the brick structure was original and the metal part was replacing (mostly) wooden spires that got ripped off in the tornado.

Joker

Yeah, it is interesting, compelling, from an architectural and aesthetic standpoint, the juxtaposition or emphasis of the continuity between the old and the new; I really like stuff like that in any kind of building.

As in razed to the ground? As in everything I see is brand new? In that context I don't quite like it as much. I'd be most into it (of all) if most of the brick structure was original and the metal part was replacing (mostly) wooden spires that got ripped off in the tornado.
This is what it looked like the morning after.methodist 99.jpg

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
Oh, well, then that looks exactly as I'd imagined. The original foundation and brick & mortar part of the structure remains mostly intact, but the wood parts did most of the flexing and breaking under the power of the wind.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
Oh, now I see what you mean, looking at this. As in, some of them are mostly wood (the part that's under shingles) and then others can go almost all the way to the top with either brick or stone.