• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Homlessness - Revenge of the pooping hobo!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
I decided to put my latest response to the from a derail of "All the nice girls love a bastard!" thread over here in Hyde Park, as it seemed a better place for it....

hobos are nasty... We used to have a homeless guy who would come in the receiving doors and take a shit on the parquet mosaic in the lobby at least once a week.

ha, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

when life gives you nothing but shit... make more shit!

Exactly! lolz!

And I can see that POV.... something like this...

"I got no food, no home, no money, nowhere to wash, everyone looks down on me... but THEY got a damn parquet mosaic floor in that nice warm lobby they won't let me sleep in! Damnit! .... oh wait... I got a nice '**** you!' for them right here!"

Well, that guy was nasty, at least.

My experience with "hobos" (you know, actually working with them) is that they are people (you know, like you and I) who simply lack, or lost, basic coping skills and no longer have the resources or ability to get their lives back on track without a lot of help. A significant percentage of them, by the way, are war veterans.

But yeah, it's easier to consider them non-people and to just piss on them or, marginally better, to just look through them as we step around them. Doesn't require any kind of empathy, a working conscience, or humility.

seriously, I understand that hobos are people. I also understand the reason that many hobos are hobos not just because they have substance abuse issues or a traumatic past but because they have anti social tendencies. And as much as you might want to excuse it. Some of it really is sheer petulence that amounts to me taking the time to go to them and ask them not to sleep (and if it were just sleeping that would one thing but you do know what a bum's nest looks like right?) and shit behind the dumpster I'm responsible for maintaining, so of course, unable to comply with a reasonable request they decide to shit on my lobby floor over and over again..

I can't have pity for individuals like that... and if they don't understand why I shouldn't be responsible for cleaning up their bottles, boxes and carts their issues with society in general are what landed them in that position in the first place.

.... and I thought I was kinda joking about "hobo vengeance" ... Now I see the motive!
"Hey, you can't sleep here! this is a special place for garbage! You are worth less and also dirtier than garbage! Shoo!"

Yeahhh... god forbid anyone should sully a place where "decent" people throw away their garbage! That would be awful! /sarcasm

Serious note - you get a shovel and a hose and you get paid right?
You're not doing this clean-up for free, surely?

This reminds me of all the hassle live aboard boaters get on the river... recently one verrry, verrrrrry rich resident who lives about half a mile away complained to the EA about boaters being moored on a designated free mooring in the middle of nowhere, (certainly not in view of her palatial mansion with extensive grounds) for longer than the nominal (but arbitrary except for the height of summer) 24hrs*.... I had to explain this to my non-river friends, who could not comprehend the pettiness involved....

"It's like this - these people have SO MUCH - and it just burns their asses so badly that anyone else have just a little... How dare other people have anything! These interfering **** want it ALL!"

(*and no, no-one was messing the place up)

Also, today I found out that the local council serves lawyers' eviction notices to homeless people living in tents, in the bushes, in the borough.... Before sending the plod to drag their tents away! Yeah! Way to go! STAMP on the little guy! Woo! /sarcsasm

Latest posts

Back