• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How Do You Feel About Objectification and Why?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

I was just reading an interesting post in another thread where an FA was reflecting a bit on how BBWs might feel about objectification. he mentioned how some BBWs liked being objectified by FAs for the physical appreciation. then there are other BBWs who don't like to be objectified by FAs because they feel that the admiration is too body centered. where do you fall on that continium? what are the reasons that you feel that way. what do you think the results of approaching objectification in that way have been for you and other people?

as far as i'm concerned i'm kinda in the middle. i think its great to be appreciated. it doesn't bother me if BBWs want or need that kind of positive reinforcement. God knows after a lot of stuff a lot of us go through we deserve it. i think its good to have a place to come to to get it whenever you need it. i'm not at all opposed to nudity etc...because i'm into art i've always been very comfortable with that. so showing the body has more than just a sexual connotation for me. i don't mind if it is for other people, but also at some level i'd also like it not to be all about that inside of the community. i know that it isn't but it definitely has that appearance at times. i know there are a lot of people who appreciate more than body parts but it doesn't always come across that way.

when i socialize in the community i always end up feeling that the rules are a bit different from the rest of the world. and in general. but not always, i'm expected to accept things i wouldn't in ordinary life--unless its in watching or dealing with teenagers. some of the attention is expressed in a disrespectful way. and some of it is also recieved in a disrespectful way. its hard because i understand why the community is the way that it is. i understand the mindset and the position. i know that a lot of FAs have never had an opportunity to openly compliment and have that compliment accepted. they have an unquenched thirst to do that. it would be easy to get drunk on it and go a bit too far. and then they have to calibrate what is too far for whom. it must be tough. as we already know BBWs are not monolithic. but at the same time i don't necessarily want to change my own personal rules to accomodate things that i wouldn't accept in the rest of my life. i'm really for sexual, emotional and intellectual freedom. but when it comes to me and how i feel about things i have to be careful not to compromise too much because i already know i wouldn't be happy with the outcome. but at the same time i wouldn't want to be entirely inflexible. and i definitely wouldn't want to brand somebody because they don't react to things in the same way that i do. i think it was easy to do that in the past because i didn't know enough to understand what was really at work.

Latest posts

Back