• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How lucky can I get??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissStacie

Mrs. Gnoom
Ok..so the drama continues with the results of my ultrasound having found the dastardly stones in my gall bladder, they IMMEDIATELY set me up with a consult with a surgeon for yesterday...yeah, YESTERDAY, not even a week between the u/s! Made me nervous because they were not delaying this at all...so, THEY schedule me with a surgeon..and I go...

I get into the office, sign all the paperwork and am in right away. I get into the exam room, and notice one of those great little steppie things with a nice handle...GREAT! I'm liking this place already. I hope up on the table and wait. Now, I've never met this doctor, never even HEARD of him, but I'm going with it. I asked the receptionist about him, she LOVES him, and he's done a surgery for her, and I asked the nurse when she brought me in, and SHE had her gall bladder out in August by him and RAVED about him. So, I'm at ease now.

He walked in. Says "Hey you"....He's about 55, balding, goatee and a total cutie. He's completely laid back and matter of fact. We go through all the "have you ever had this...that, etc"...I'm answering "no, no no no"...I said "I'm fat, I'm not unhealthy"...he grins and raises his eyebrow...and I immediately said "don't look at me that way, I know that look!"...I'm laughing and he says "I'd say you were maybe stretching a little'...I agreed, but DID defend myself and said that I didn't have the "typical" ailments of an obese person. He agreed...so we go on and he says 'so, when do you want to do this"...I said "when is good for you, in the next couple weeks is good for me". He says "ok..I can do that". I was like "What? Do your kids need books for school or something? Is it a slow month?"...and he laughed and said that all the kids had left, but his fully self sufficient daughter just moved back home and while she can take care of her own bills,. etc, she always wants to go to dinner with him. I'm like "duh, Daddy's paying!"...we laughed and I knew then that I really liked him.

So, he said that he doesn't anticipate any problems doing it lap, but DID say that there are 4% of people that can't have it done for various reasons, and due to my size, I COULD be one of them, not WILL be one of them, but could happen, but he didn't think it would be a problem. I said cool..lets do this!

So, I go in on Tuesday and have the little sucker removed....good riddance, I say!

I'll be at the same hospital that I had my panni done so I'm comfortable with them, too.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Hugs,

Latest posts

Back