• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I might have to get rid of my kitty.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britannia

Babydoll
As most of you know, I got a cat a while back from a rescue group. She had the normal adjustment problems and unruly behavior, which I've been tolerating and trying to correct, but it's gotten to the point where I can't handle her antics and am having to consider giving her back to the rescue group.

Despite my firm, consistent rules and subsequent punishment, she continues to be very rebellious and is now threatening my ability to remain in my apartment building. She has scratched up my walls, ruined some of my blinds, ripped up my carpet, trashes my bathroom on a daily basis, and has absolutely ruined the original upholstery on my 1950's dining table & chairs set, which was in mint condition before my cat came along. She's also ruined some very expensive clothes of mine, and it's only a matter of time before she begins ruining some of the rare religious iconography that I've collected over the years, since she has now begun to jump up and rip things down off of my bookcase.

There is also the issue of my moving to Phoenix in August: I will be living with a roommate who is deathly allergic to cats, and although we've been planning on just confining my kitty to my bedroom and not allowing her elsewhere in the house we're going to live in, it's probable that I would have to choose between her and my friend's health anyways.

I love this cat to death and am very attached to her, but it's gotten to the point where I'm not sure I can handle her anymore. I feel bad, because I'm so fond of her and feel guilty about the idea of returning her to the rescue team. The lady was so happy that I was able to take her in, and I do worry that my cat would never find her if I were to return her, since she's over a year old and has such behavioral problems.

I don't know what to do at this point, and would really like some advice.

Latest posts

Back