• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I'm a wimp! I'm so afraid to gain!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of new here, having lurked a bit in the past but now having inadvertantly gained almost 40 pounds in the last three years after years of being diligent about my diet, exercise, etc. (I'm guessing I'm about 174 right now--haven't weighed myself this week--I'm a bit scared to.) I find it quite exciting, but I realize I can only check this site and post if I have a few drinks in me (as I do now). Any advice on how to accept my growing form and enjoy it without alcohol? During the day, when I have to go to work, etc. and be sober and responsible, I look in the mirror, and I can definitely see that I've gone from size 10 to size 12 to size 14 and I am dismayed that other people are probably noticing too. Now my 14's cut into my waist and leave a bulge above them and I'll need 16's soon. Unfortunately, my breasts have hardly grown at all!

In any case, my big problem is shame (which is why the alcohol works). And I'm afraid of ridicule, afraid of my family (the biggest bunch of fat haters you can can imagine!) and afraid that my collegues are talking about me behind my back.

I'm going to post this, and then go get another vodka/tonic!

Thanks all. I'm glad you're here and willing to be real.

Genie

Latest posts

Back