• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

In a jam, and feeling GOOD!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esme

Well, I just made jam alone for the first time ever. I made it every summer with my grandma before she died, but since she passed a few years ago, I haven't had any homemade jam, and I've been missing it.

I went to the farmer's market this morning and bought strawberries (paid too much) and peaches. I picked up some sure-jell and decided not to be such a wuss and make the jam. I was surprised at how easy it was. I made both strawberry and peach, and "invented" some strawberry-peach just for kicks. The strawberry thickened up a bit more than the peach, but both look and taste pretty darn good. I'll put it in the freezer tomorrow afternoon. It was both wonderful and strange how easily I seemed to remember how to do what I'd never paid close enough attention to as a child. Although I'd never attempted this alone, I somehow knew exactly how things were supposed to go. Gram's lessons weren't wasted after all.

I feel a weird combination of nostalgic and accomplished. I also have the feeling that my grammy is proud of me.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has things that they prepare that cause them to feel the same way I do now.

Latest posts

Back