• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Influence......

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, I contacted a friend that I hadn't spoken to in about a week. I only know her from my job at McHell...

About five months ago, we got in a weird situation, that made me never look at her the same again...

As I told her I was still angry, I agreed that I would forget about it from now on.. but it led me to a tangent...

One of the reasons I believed the situation happened is because I believe her confidence is too low for her own good....

I asked her what causes her to not be self-confident, and she said it was because of her weight. She's 5'8'', and she weighs about 170-200 pounds... She's just moderately overweight, but she wouldn't even tell me her weight in the first place.... So the weight figure is an estimate....

I was chatting with her on yahoo for nearly three hours about the whole thing... She thinks to become more self-confident, the only way is for her to lose weight....

I am against her statements about it. I was trying my best to make her change her mind, but I would like to know something:

Do you guys (and gals :) ) thinks it's right for me to influence her into a new opinion on being large, and to steer her away from losing weight? I don't have a problem with someone trying to lose weight (I'm even there for support if I can help), but her reasoning behind is all for the Social constraints of being large. When we were chatting, it seemed as if she didn't care to lose weight for the health benefits, or even for herself.... It's seemed to be a majorly based on society... I did suggest playing a sport though.. That's one way my confidence increased...

I can't say the replies I get will make me change my mind about it, but they might. I would just like some opinions about it. I want to know who thinks it's ok, and who thinks I should stop trying to be a psychoanalyst (as she described me).

Latest posts

Back