Quantcast

interesting fact thread!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

mergirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
6,923
Location
,
Wow us with an 'interesting' fact. Here is a starter...

The word 'facetious' contains ALL the vowels AND they are in order!!:rolleyes:
 

mergirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
6,923
Location
,
Before Stanley Kubrick took over, Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones were considered to play the "droogs" in the Clockwork Orange.!!!! (imagine!!)
 

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
5,189
Location
,
Human snot (mucus) contains approximately 95% water... It's the other 5% that typically grosses people out.
 

cinnamitch

nope
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
3,002
Location
,
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television was Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
 

viracocha

Hot like sauce
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
209
Location
,
Arachibutyrophobia means the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
What's fear of peanut butter, then? That would most definitely be me. Death nuts are named so for a reason in my life...



--There are 36 different kinds of Ragu spaghetti sauce (collapsed into 6 different sauce "types"). :eek: --
 

mergirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
6,923
Location
,
What's fear of peanut butter, then? That would most definitely be me. Death nuts are named so for a reason in my life...



--There are 36 different kinds of Ragu spaghetti sauce (collapsed into 6 different sauce "types"). :eek: --
Weird! I cant find the name for a fear of penut butter, only the fear of it sticking to the roof of your mouth!.. but did you know that:
In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
WOW!!
 

Adamantoise

Senpai hasn't noticed...
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
17,898
Location
Oxfordshire, England, British Isles.
Weird! I cant find the name for a fear of penut butter, only the fear of it sticking to the roof of your mouth!.. but did you know that:
In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
WOW!!
The fear of beautiful women is named Caligynephobia -I pity someone who has this particular phobia to come here. :D
 

Shosh

Susannah
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
9,528
Location
,
Thursday is the night that you put your trash out in Castlemaine, the little town I live in.:bow::D
 

mergirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
6,923
Location
,
hmm interesting! :)
We used to put the trash out on a sunday but they just changed it to a friday which has confused people..
 

Shosh

Susannah
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
9,528
Location
,
hmm interesting! :)
We used to put the trash out on a sunday but they just changed it to a friday which has confused people..
A further interesting fact is that while the regular bin gets emptied every Thursday, the recycling bin gets emptied every second Thursday.:bow::p
 

mergirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
6,923
Location
,
another interesting fact is that we actually dont call trash "trash" we call it "rubbish" i have no idea why i called it "trash" there.. There are no recycling bins here.. but there were where i lived before which were collected alternate mondays!!
Susannah, how the hell did we get to gosh darn interesting??
I am interested to hear the refuse removal times of other people around the world.
 

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
4,042
Location
,
Tuesdays and Thursdays.

And I have a cousin in England who I used to call 'Rubbish', though his real name I believe is Richard.
 

mergirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
6,923
Location
,
Tuesdays and Thursdays.

And I have a cousin in England who I used to call 'Rubbish', though his real name I believe is Richard.
Facinating!!
Also, a ducks quack doesnt echo.. and no-one knows why??!!
 

Latest posts

Top