Quantcast

interesting fact thread!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

mergirl

Wow us with an 'interesting' fact. Here is a starter...

The word 'facetious' contains ALL the vowels AND they are in order!!:rolleyes:

mergirl

Before Stanley Kubrick took over, Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones were considered to play the "droogs" in the Clockwork Orange.!!!! (imagine!!)

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Human snot (mucus) contains approximately 95% water... It's the other 5% that typically grosses people out.

cinnamitch

nope
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television was Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

viracocha

Hot like sauce
Arachibutyrophobia means the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
What's fear of peanut butter, then? That would most definitely be me. Death nuts are named so for a reason in my life...

--There are 36 different kinds of Ragu spaghetti sauce (collapsed into 6 different sauce "types"). :eek: --

mergirl

What's fear of peanut butter, then? That would most definitely be me. Death nuts are named so for a reason in my life...

--There are 36 different kinds of Ragu spaghetti sauce (collapsed into 6 different sauce "types"). :eek: --
Weird! I cant find the name for a fear of penut butter, only the fear of it sticking to the roof of your mouth!.. but did you know that:
In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
WOW!!

Adamantoise

Senpai hasn't noticed...
Weird! I cant find the name for a fear of penut butter, only the fear of it sticking to the roof of your mouth!.. but did you know that:
In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
WOW!!
The fear of beautiful women is named Caligynephobia -I pity someone who has this particular phobia to come here. :D

Shosh

Susannah
Thursday is the night that you put your trash out in Castlemaine, the little town I live in.:bow::D

mergirl

hmm interesting! :)
We used to put the trash out on a sunday but they just changed it to a friday which has confused people..

Shosh

Susannah
hmm interesting! :)
We used to put the trash out on a sunday but they just changed it to a friday which has confused people..
A further interesting fact is that while the regular bin gets emptied every Thursday, the recycling bin gets emptied every second Thursday.:bow::p

mergirl

another interesting fact is that we actually dont call trash "trash" we call it "rubbish" i have no idea why i called it "trash" there.. There are no recycling bins here.. but there were where i lived before which were collected alternate mondays!!
Susannah, how the hell did we get to gosh darn interesting??
I am interested to hear the refuse removal times of other people around the world.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Tuesdays and Thursdays.

And I have a cousin in England who I used to call 'Rubbish', though his real name I believe is Richard.

mergirl

Tuesdays and Thursdays.

And I have a cousin in England who I used to call 'Rubbish', though his real name I believe is Richard.
Facinating!!
Also, a ducks quack doesnt echo.. and no-one knows why??!!

Latest posts