Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW

If you are right handed, you will tend to chew
your food on your right side. If you are left handed,
you will tend to chew your food on your left side.​

SMA413

C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips
When your face blushes, your stomach lining reddens too.

:blush:

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
I am sorry, I call Shenanigans on this one.

First off I'd like to say that I am a film student, and have been studying this field since the 4th grade. So you know I'm not just pulling random stuff out of my arse.

The first publicly released motion picture wasn't recorded till 1907, and it was recorded by Edwin S. Porter. It is true that before 1907, the french had experiments with moving pictures, but these trials were interpreted more as "home videos", the most memorable of which was a kid eating a plate of spaghetti.

Although this horror movie claim may in fact be the first of it's kind, the reported release year is way off.
I'm a bit of the a silent movie fan.

Le manoir du diable "The Devil’s Castle"

http://www.silentera.com/PSFL/data/M/Manoirdudiable1896.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hULqyZgEjCE

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
I had long thought it was actually Herman and Lily Munster in the Munsters but the credt actually goes to the show Mary Kay and Johnny in 1947.

Fluffy51888

Glitter Queen
In 1962, Decca Records rejected the Beatles, saying, "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."

Bet they felt pretty damn stupid. :)

rollhandler

Ever wonder why eating little green apples gives you a tummyache?

It is because apple seeds are where cyanide comes from. The concentration of cyanide in the meat of the apple is higher by a percentage in the smaller less mature apples than larger ones.

Although eating a few seeds will not be sufficient to cause harm.
eating Aprox. ½ to one full cup of apple seeds at one time is sufficient to kill an average sized adult.
Rollhandler

rollhandler

100% chemically pure water can kill you.
Rollhandler
Water in copious amounts taken in a short span of time can do this to you as well and a radio station in the midst of a concert promotional stunt found out a few years back the hard way. A listener died after chugging several gallons of water in a very short number of hours. I don't remember the station I.D. but it made big news headlines in the Midwest of the United States and a lot of radio stations stopped the performance of ticket givaway stunts by listeners afterward.

The reason for both have to do with the body being an electrical machine. The radio contestant didn't realize that by drinking so much water in such a short time that the body can't process it as efficiently and thus alters the electrolyte levels that conduct electrical response in the body. In effect they induced a short circuit causing their own death.

With chemically pure water the same thing happens in reverse. Rather than creating a short circuit the body is left with an increasing lower level of electrolytes and minerals to conduct the electrical flow that keep ones heart beating. In other words resistance to electrical flow is created until not enough current reaches the muscle. Chemically pure water is only a hydrogen and oxygen compound with no impurities such as minerals or electrolytes.

It is a misnomer that water conducts electricity. It is instead the chemical impurities (electrolytes and minerals) performing this, utilizing the hydrogen/oxygen compound as a catalyst for the chemical reaction. This is also why salt water reacts electrically better than fresh water.

I am not a chemist and some of this may not be precisely correct but that is the basis in general terms.
Rollhandler

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW

The roar that we hear when we place a seashell
next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the
sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.​

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW

Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs
has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.​

Latest posts