• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
...it's AWARD SEASON. For a movie buff like me, that's Christmas, Easter ... all in one. And the big ones is off course the Oscars. With this year's ten movies in the Best Picture category, I'd like to know who you think will earn a nomination, and who why... here's my guess.

AVATAR - the last time Cameron made a movie, it won 11. I seriously hope that won't happen again, but the blue aliens are a sure thing for a nomination.
AN EDUCATION - there's always room for a critically acclaimed British film.
THE HURT LOCKER - plenty of buzz, even though it flopped. Kathryn Bigelow might become the first female director winning the gong.
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - my personal favorite of the year. The most fun WW2 movie since... well, I don't know. Oh, and Christoph Waltz must win Supporting Actor!
INVICTUS - it's directed by Academy darling Clint.
NINE - doing poorly at the box office, but it's an all-star cast and it's a musical. Given the 10 slot, it might have a chance.
PRECIOUS - serious indie drama, always Oscar material. And Gabourey Sidibe is sensational.
A SERIOUS MAN - this is a personal choice, and I doubt it'll make the list, but I want it. The Coen Bros' most personal film, seriously funny.
UP - an animated feature hasn't been up for Best Picture since 1991. Pixar's latest gets a shot given the inclusion of five more films.
UP IN THE AIR - George Clooney is a serious comedy, directed by Jason Reitman and dealing with topical issues. Certainly Academy friendly.

Latest posts

Back