• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Jeans addiction

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not generally a slave to fashion and get just as much of a kick out of finding a nice shirt on one of Kohl's "80%-off!" racks than occasionally indulging in a designer item. And I generally don't obsess over wardrobe.

I do have one weakness though. Jeans.

I probably have at least 50 pairs, and though that's plenty enough for several lifetimes, I always find a reason why I really need another pair. There was a time when I just couldn't believe how nice and well-made very inexpensive jeans from Walmart or Target can be, and so I loaded up on those. There was a time when I overcame resistance to pay a lot for jeans when I found that CostCo often has premium jeans like Diesels and 7-for-all-mankinds at half off.

Vexingly, it's also in the very nature of jeans to generate the need for just another (pair or two). They don't cost a lot, so it's an impulse buy. You can't throw the old ones away because, after all, the rattier they look, the more fashionable and cooler they become (else we wouldn't pay extra to get pre-aged jeans with holes in them). And jeans have this infuriating tendency to fit great and then not fit right at all if you go up or down by just a bit. So you need winter jeans and summer jeans and jeans for times of indulgence and times of restraint.

My latest unfortunate quest is finding button fly jeans. No idea why. About 99.8% of all jeans sold have zippers, and it's usually only the expensive ones that have buttons, and yet that's what I am driven to right now. So when I go shopping and do locate a pair of button fly jeans in my size and the price isn't outrageous, I need to get them.

Auugh!

Latest posts

Back