• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Joints and Jogging

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZainTheInsane

My girlfriend was in marching band, did ballet (among other dancing), and color-guard (don't know what it is? look it up, its pretty cool).

Anyway, she has numerous (at 23 I didn't think it was possible, but I haven't pushed my body for years on end relentlessly like she does) joint problems. First of all, her hips pop if she tries to do a split, or get up from a sitting position on a low chair really fast. Her knees, and ankles also crack similarly, though for different reasons and because of different things. She has problems with her shins, and her feet tend to cramp rather easily. :(

That said, she is a size 8-10, and she...like most girls I've known in ballet...worries about having a muffin-top, or her middle moving too much. She knows my preferences, she knows my likes, and she knows I don't care, and that I like it. However, she isn't comfortable with it, because she has the perception of herself still being 40lbs heavier like she was in college. I don't know the whole psychology behind it...*

So, she wants to tone up, and she wants to stop smoking, and she wants to become healthier...not necessarily losing more weight, so much as toning and firming up from having lost 40 pounds. (She's 5'6" 150 right now) But in the past she's had problems jogging, running, doing anything cardio because of her joints.
I was just wondering if there is any way to do what she wants to do without causing more problems in her joints?
Is there any way to strengthen her joints?
Is there anything she can do to reverse any damage done?
And is there any way she can learn to tone and increase her cardiovascular abilities, WITHOUT hurting herself?

*-Note: I do not want to fatten her up, convince her to fatten up, get her to blimp up, make her see things my way, or anything in that vein. She likes that I like her curves, she also likes that I was willing and able to help her out. I'd love to get her to see that she really isn't as big as she thinks, but I'm not going to push her because she is stubborn. I also know that I want her to be healthy, and I know because of the budget she is currently on with her financial situation, in combination with her dream job, likely she'll put on weight anyway. So I'm just looking for her to be healthy and happy, and if the rest comes, cool. If not, I still love her, end of story, and I'm not going to let my preference haunt her every decision. I also will not bitch, whine, or moan about her being WHO SHE IS. I chose to love her for her. End of Story.

Latest posts

Back