• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Marked-down Easter Candy: A Report

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

saucywench

I know I've seen some of y'all remark in various threads that you were going to buy marked-down Easter Candy (like many of us do immediately after a holiday), but I didn't see a thread started specifically about it. I wanted to report my findings.

The rest of the consumers have caught on to this.

It's Monday--the day after Easter. I thought today would be early enough to get out and find some good buys. Around lunch-ish today I went out, hit up three different stores, and got back to the office, all in the span of an hour. Here's what I found:

(1) I hit Target up first, because I've gotten good post-holiday candy buys there before. Well, they were all out of just about everything except M&Ms plain and peanut easter candy. I got a couple of bags of peanut M&Ms. Also, there were some bags of Lindt assorted truffles on clearance (not Easter clearance), and i got a couple of bags of those for $2.99/bag. My total at Target was $9.15.

(2) Since I was way out in west Little Rock already (about 6-7 miles from the office), I drove across the parkway to Wal-Mart, about half a mile away. Wal-Mart was wiped out of every Easter candy except the giant Easter baskets wrapped in cellophane. I bought nothing there.

(3) On the way back to the office I stopped off at Walgreen's, which is about a mile and a half from the office. I should have started here first, as this is where I had the best luck. I bought a bag of Reese's mini-cups, a bag of chocolate-covered malted milk eggs, a bag of Dove milk chocolate with almonds, eggs, and a few assorted single Cadbury, Russell Stover, and Mounds eggs--all at half price. My total at Walgreen's was $7.97.

I don't normally buy this much candy, even during a sale, but I thought I would put what I don't plan to eat in the freezer for when I have a chocolate craving.

Good luck in your search, and--get out there as soon as possible, before it's all gone! :eat2:

Latest posts

Back